Pages

Friday, January 20, 2017

#Simply G45 Valentine's Shaker Cards


Shaker cards are so popular now and I will confess, I just didn't "get it" until I made a couple of them.  I am here to tell you that they are addictive and they are just so fun to make.  I love the dimension that a shaker adds to a card, and, finding tiny little things to fill the shaker with, is all part of that fun!  I've used micro beads, confetti, Diamond Dust (it tends to stick to the acetate window as does glitter), rhinestones, and metal pieces.

Today I'm sharing a couple of Valentine shaker cards that I made and I've got a tutorial for you that shows you how to make a basic shaker with a nested die set and also with a Cheery Lynn Designs dieset that they have manufactured especially for shakers.  You can make these with just one sheet of design paper!






Some tips to know when making shakers:  Instead of buying acetate, save plastic packaging from your purchases.  It works great as "window" material.

Always allow the glue to completely dry before filling your shakers.  After filling and gluing on the window, don't shake the shaker until the glue is completely dry.  Otherwise, your shakers may stick to the sides of the foam and not shake.

Now it's time to get shaking and try these, they are way fun!!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...