I know you'll love the new mini; the design has been improved so that the pages will lay open! Yay for that improvement!
Because this mini has so many pages (18, that's 36 pages counting front and back!) I kept the inside rather simple. The first thing I did was cut thirty-six 5.5" papers and then glued them all in the mini. For the pocket pages, I cut the 5.5" sheets to fit the pocket pages and mixed up the paper designs so that the pockets were a different paper than the corresponding back of the page. At this point, all the pages have a base that I can build on. After cutting all those 5.5" pieces I had a lot of strips leftover that I knew would work well as accents on the pages. I used those strips along with some fussy cut some elements, and some cardstock scraps, to embellish all the pages.
The mini also has hidden pockets that holds a square tag. You can see one of the tags peeking out on the left. I papered the tags and looped a twill ribbon through the grommet and tied it off with a bit of jute twine. I diecut some smaller tags and inserted those in the small pocket flaps. The left page has a belly band and I tuck in one of the cut aparts and on the right I used a couple of tag cut-aparts.
I diecut some smaller tags and inserted those in the small pocket flaps. I used a scalloped circle punch to put some fun design elements.
I did a walk through video for you, too many pages to post all the photos here!