I especially love this chipboard windmill that I've covered with a paper diecut that perfectly matches and covers the chipboard, I just love that!
Beautiful Petaloo Botanica blooms!
Instructions to make this project
For this project you will need:
- Fabscraps Industrial Chic collection C67: Wood Chic 002, Paint Chic 006,
- Co-ordinating sheet of card stock
- Chipboard windmill DC67 014
- Windmill punched out from Journal Box MC67 001A
- Lindy's Icy Primrose Gold and Cosmopolitan Pink mists
- Pumice Stone Distress Ink, Wisteria Mix'd Media Inx
- Flowers, Butterflies
- Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page punch
- Petaloo Botanica flowers: mini whites and pink, large yellow and pink
- Paint the plain side of Paint Chic 006 with clear gesso and dry.
- Spray a little water on paper 006 and then spray randomly with Lindy's mists. Immediately blot with a paper towel. You want to get just a lightly tinted look.
- Tear small strips of paper off Paint Chic 006 all the way around so that the paper is approximately 11.5 x 11.5.
- Dampen the edges of Paint Chic with your fingers and scrunch the edges slightly. You can add some random tears if you like. Dry and then ink the edges.
- Cut an 8 x 8 square from the center of the card stock and set aside. Distress the 12 x 12 edges and then glue Paint Chic to the card stock so that it is centered.
- Cut a 5 x 10.25 piece from Wood Chic C67 002. Be sure to include the florals in this cut. Then either Punch Around the Page with a Martha Stewart punch (I used Flourish Lace) or distress the edges, then ink all the edges.
- Cut another rectangle 3.5 x 8 also from Wood Chic C67 002. Distress and ink the edges using the opposite side of the paper from the 5 x 10.25 piece.
- Adhere the 3.5 x 8 piece about 3.25" from the left side and centered top to bottom. Adhere the larger rectangle about 1.5" from the right side. Pop up this piece to give your layout additional dimension. Cardboard works great for this purpose or you can use foam tape.
- Take one of the windmills from Journal Box 001A and glue to the chipboard windmill. Use foam tape to pop it up and adhere to the left side of the layout as shown.
- Add your photo, embellish with flowers, butterfiles, a title, etc.
- Stand back and admire your work as we are all done!
Here's the entire range of Industric Chic:
I'll be back tomorrow to show you another new Fabscraps collection, Oh Sew Beautiful!