Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Fun with Prima and Creative Embellishments!

Oh I've been having some fun with Prima's Time Traveler, what a gorgeous collection!!  It's one of those collections that should have my name on it because the colors are everything that I adore!

I wanted to do a vintage styled LO with this collection so I chose this picture of my parents taken just after then end of WWII.  Dad was just home from France, they were young and so in love!

I did some subtle masking in the background with Tim Holtz's burlap mask and bronze Glimmer Mist.  The lace was white and it got sprayed with a lot of different colors and painted with white gesso!  I just couldn't quite get it be the color I wanted but I'm finally happy with it.


The gorgeous chippies I've used are Creative Embellishments Love Birds Set.  I heat embossed the birds with Antiquities Weathered White.  Then the birdcage and words are heat embossed with Stampendous aged embossing enamels.



I've use one of my favorite vines here, Prima's Bretton Vine.  I wish I have a couple dozen of these vines!!  The black diecut around the flowers is a Prima diecut doily that I cut in half and fitted in around the roses.  Its kind of a cool look don't you think?


Supplies:

Patterned paper:  Prima Time Traveler collection:  base - No. 70 813888, floral border punched - Forever Roses 813864, black stripe - Dark Lines 813895tags - Journal Spt Sticker Sheet from the Collection kit, outer frame - The Traveler,
Chipboard:   Creative Embellishments Love Birds Set
Embossing powder:  Stampendous aged gold, ivory; Ranger Antiquities Weathered White
Diecuts and punches:  Prima Doily
Flowers:   Prima Bretton Vine 552640, I Am Roses
Ink: Distress black soot
Mist:  bronze Glimmer Mist,
Masks:  Tim Holtz Burlap mask

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate your comments and your visit so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...