Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Creative Embellishments new Steampunk chippies!

I had so much fun creating this fun and funky tag!  I used Graphic 45's new collection, Voyage Beneath the Sea for my papers and embellished with one of Creative Embellishments new Steampunk chippies.  These are sooo cool!!

I used a Steampunk Mermaid (there are 4 different ones to choose from)  as the centerpiece  of my tag.  I painted her body with Lindy's Frosty Forest Green mist and her hair with Silks and black acrylic paint.  Mist works well as a coloring agent on detailed chippies because it does not clog up the etched lines.  Even thought it's colored, you can still see the plated details on the mermaid's body.  Her top hat is heat embossed with Lindy's midnight gold.  The cogs are embossed with Stampendous aged gold.

I added chipboard seaweed from Creative Embellishments to enhance my underwater scene and finished it off with pretty Petaloo blooms.
 In this photo you can see the dimension I created by using foam strips to pop up the seahorse background and foam squares on the mermaid.
The seaweed is painted with Silks in African Jade and Teal Zircon.

 I adore the steel plated look with the rivets on this mermaid's body.

I used these chipboard pieces on this tag:
Seaweed
Seaweed 2


Gear set 4

Other supplies:
Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea  12 x 12 paper
Petaloo Wild Mini Blossoms paprika
Petaloo Chantilly Mixed Blloms blue/green
Petaloo Botanicas Teal
Petaloo Mixed Texture moss green

I used our Steampunk Octopus on this tag,  I adore this chippie!!  I colored his body with Lindy's Creme Brulee Cream and Cosmopolitan Pink.  His hat is painted with black acrylic paint and the gears are heat embossed with Stampendous Aged Gold and the faucet with Aged Silver.
Creative Embellishments, Octopus Steampunk Tag, G45 Voyage Beneath the Sea, Maggi Harding (2)


 
Creative Embellishments, Octopus Steampunk Tag, G45 Voyage Beneath the Sea, Maggi Harding (3)
 
The seaweed is painted with Silks in African Jade and Teal Zircon and the coral is painted with Silks Emperor's Gold and Viva Maya Gold Fire Red.
Creative Embellishments, Octopus Steampunk Tag, G45 Voyage Beneath the Sea, Maggi Harding (1)

I used these chipboard pieces on this tag:
 
 
 Thanks for joining me today!  Be sure to join in the monthly challenges because, you could win a $50 gift certificate to the Creative Embellishments store, now that is sweet!!  The challenge is usually the first post on our blog.  Also, be sure to check out our new monthly Mixed Media kits.  Creative Embellishments now has stencils!  How cool is that?



2 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!! I absolutely LOVE these!!!! amazing!!! so much detail and my love for the ocean draws me to them ;) thank you for sharing! I am going to share these in my {creative chick} studio share facebook group - feel free to join if you are interested! :) http://shurk.us/creative-chick-fbgroup

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...