I used my Cameo to cut the title and frame. Then I outlined them with a white Sharpie pen and dry brushed on some white paint. Then I used pop dots to pop them up to add some dimension to my layout.
For This Project You Will Need:
Fabscraps C84 Vintage Elegance:
· 003 Love is in the Air - 1 sheet
· 002 Enchantment - 1 sheet
· 005 Friendship - 1 sheet
· MC84 001A Card Kit - 1 sheet 6 x 6 white paper (or use white cardstock)
· MP4 04
· White cardstock
· Embellishments: flowers, leaves, letters, etc.
· Sharpie White Paint Pen
- Tear a half inch paper strip from all 4 edges of 002 Enchantment. Set that aside for the moment.
- Distress the edges of the remainder of sheet of 002 Enchantment and then dampen all around the edges with water. Use your fingers to wrinkle and pinch the paper. Dry with a heat gun, ink the edges if desired.
- Paint some white gesso, taking care not to completely cover the patterned paper, in the area where your photo and title will be placed.
- Cut a butterfly from the center of the floral side of 003 Love is in the Air.
- Dry 002 Enchantment, and glue over the non-floral side of 003, Love is in the Air.
- Take the strips from step 1 and fit underneath the edge of 002 Enchantment with the torn edge facing out.
- Cut a title and frame from 005 Friendship. I've used a Silhouette Cameo cut file to cut my frame. You could use something similar or cut several circles and arrange them in a frame pattern.
- Edge the frame and words with a white detailing pen and then dry brush on some white gesso or paint. Use pop dots to pop up the letters and place as shown in the photo.
- Cut a white layer from the 6 x 6 Card Kit, about 1/2" larger all around, than your photo and glue to the layout about 1 1/2" from the left side.
- Mat your photo with any scrap from this collection, then cut a piece of cardboard or use foam tape, to pop up the matted photo and adhere over the white layer.
- Add the frame over the photo and embellish with the fussy cut butterfly from step 4.
- Embellish with flowers etc. I've added 3 pearl cluster embellies in the upper left corner.