Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Button Easel Card

Easel cards are so pretty because they stand on their own.  AND, bonus, they are easy to make!  This one is made with some old papers and new stamps from Eileen Hull by Maker Forte.


The only part of making this card that is a little bit tricky, is the easel and it's really quite simple.  For this card, I used a 12 x 12 paper and cut it into two pieces, each 6″ x 12″. Then cut one of the pieces in half so that it is 6″ x 6″. Take the long piece and score on the long side at 3″ and 6″; this will be the card base.  Fold at the 6" score line creating a "mountain" and then fold at the 3" score line to create a "valley". It should look like this. (note this is for illustrative purposes and is not the paper I used for this card.)




To create the easel glue the 3" top of the front of the card base (above the scoreline at 3") to the back of the 6" square.  It should look like this when displayed.  Be sure to only glue the top 3" flap to the 6" piece.  You can see how this is done in this video.

The easel should look like this after assembly.

 


The front of the card is composed of several layers.  First I added a 5 3/4" design paper layer, then I  topped that with Eileen Hull's Heart Mandala, die-cut from a scrap.  


View of card opened up where you can see both the inside and the easel.  On the insdie of the card you need to create a mechanism to hold the easel upright.  I used a strip of paper along with a button placed about an inch from the bottom of the card.


Next I stamped with Lang Button Company onto a paper design created with Gel Press and acrylic paint.  (more about Gel Press here.)  Then I trimmed the button card out and adhered it to the front of the card.  I diecut some mannequins from embossed paper made with Eileen Hull's new Vintage Buttons embossing folder.   I show you different ways to use the  Vintage Buttons embossing folder in this video.   I stamped the two circle stamps and then diecut them with an older die from the Eileen Hull Framlits set, Bookplate, Hinge and Label.





Eileen Hull Products


Eileen Hull by Maker Forte Snail Mail - Postage Stamp Set
Eileen Hull by Maker Forte Button Cards #2


Thanks for visiting, time to go make an easel card!  😉

2 comments:

  1. Love the sewing motif—all the lovely layers. Your instructions and videos are so easy to follow, i WILL make an easel card soon! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie, if I had the brains to remember that today is your birthday, I would have sent it to you!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...