Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Time to get your Steampunk on with Creative Embellishments

What could be more perfect than Creative Embellishment's fabulous Steampunk chippies paired with G45 Steampunk Debutante on a Tim Holtz Assemblage clock?  I went seriously crazy with mists and embossing powders to create this Steampunk piece.  The image is from Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante.
Steampunk altered clock

A quick and easy way to really make your chippies stand out is emboss them with embossing powder.  I embossed the gears with Stampendous aged gold emboxing enamel and the feathers with aged copper.  I used a metal flower and then dabbed on some embossing powder in aged gold and aged copper.  Love that aged copper!
Steampunk altered clock2



I started with a black satin ribbon and dabbed mist on it to give it the multi colored sparkly look.  The roses are black that I sprayed with Lindy's Glitz Spritz Royal Emerald Fire.

Steampunk altered clock1



I used different sized gears from these sets:
Thanks so much for visiting  today!  I hope you'll join in Creative Embellishment's  monthly photo inspiration challenges.  The photos are sure to spark your creativity and there's a great gift certificate awarded every month to one lucky person!
Maggi
maggie_framed

2 comments:

  1. Maggi - what a gorgeous steampunk creation - it really is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing alteration!!! Love all your art work!! You totally rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...