Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

New Eileen Hull Dies and Stamps - Sizzix Chapter 4

Lots to share with you today including some things that were in Eileen's blog hop last week.  

Let's start with the fabulous Sweater Embossing Folder.  Oh how I love this embossing folder!   The detail that pops out when using this embossing folder is just amazing!

Looks just like a knitted glove!




To make the glove, I die cut a glove using Eileen's Mitten Box Scoreboard die from Core'dinations Color Core cardstock.




Now a BIG WORD about embossing with this folder! This is a 3D Textured Embossing Folder and uses a DIFFERENT sandwich than most texture folders. Ok, not being a smart a** here but pay attention 'cause this is important. The sandwich for a Vagabond is: platform, embossing folder, cutting pad. (That's probably the sandwich for your machine too BUT verify that before cutting.) JUST ONE CUTTING PAD. I am "yelling" because I have broken not 1, but 2 Vagabonds using the WRONG sandwich. (yeah stupid me!!)  Please be careful!  I have a written note taped right beside my diecutting machines, telling me the CORRECT SANDWICH  And after all that, I still did it wrong and broke my machine!!! It's so easy to get in the automatic mode and not pay attention to what you are doing.  I suspect that it is much easier to break an electric machine than a manual machine as I think you would feel the resistance more with a manual machine and not force the folder in but with the Vagabond, when I realized it was the wrong sandwich, it had already gone "bang, pop",  uh oh, WTH, yikes machine broke!

Here's some additional information about the 3D folders, click here. (Textured Fades = Textured Impressions)

Ok enough lecture, 😆!  To get a really good embossed impression, first mist the embossing folder, top and bottom. 





Then place the die-cut glove inside the embossing folder. I didn't want the cable stitch on the glove's cuff so I positioned the glove in the embossing folder such that the cuff was sticking outside the folder. After properly positioning, run it through your die cut machine 3 times.  That helps get a really great embossed image.



Let the embossed paper dry before doing anything else to it.  (You can use your heat gun to dry quickly.)  After my glove was dry, I lightly sanded over the embossing to bring out the knitted stitch. I think my glove has a heather blue appearance now.

To make the card, I just placed the glove over a Stamperia journaling card and fussy cut some flowers. I placed that on a scalloped die-cut of coordinating of card stock and adhered to a card that is 4 1/8" x 5 3/4".




The finished card.


Eileen Hull Designs Products Used

Sizzix 3-D Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - Sweater


The Bigz Notebook Die

Now let's take a look at the Bigz Notepad die. This is great to make little gifts or favors as the notepad measures 3 5/8" x 4 3/8". I used Graphic 45's Come One, Come All collection to embellish the Notepad.




It's a great size to hold Post-it notes so I filled mine with the sizes I used the most. The Notepad also includes closure and pen holder tabs but I didn't need those.  The Notepad stays nicely closed when used with Post-it Notes.


You could also use this for a small notebook! Just diecut a bookbinding insert with  Eileen's Bookbinding and Label thinlit set.

The Heart Mandala Die

Did you know Eileen has a new line of stamps out?  I made this card using stamps from her latest release and the newly released thinlit die, The Heart Mandala.


I stamped the flowers onto mixed media paper and then used watercolors to color them.  Remember Eileen's Bookmark, Tag & Pocket Framelits die set?  The "Create With Abandon" is stamped onto the tag and then turned upside down.





I was feeling very bright on the day I made this so I just used some miscellaneous papers from my stash. "Be Kind" and "Explore" are stamped onto die cuts using the Eileen's Sizzix Framelits Die Set  Bookplate, Hinges & Label. (This one has been discontinued)

Products Used


Eileen Hull Stamps by Maker Forte: 



If you made it this far, thanks for sticking with me!  These new products along with the fabulous Full Size Journal make this the best Eileen Hull release ever!!

In case you missed the Full Size Journal release, here's a link: 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...