Pages

Friday, July 10, 2020

A Canvas for Little Birdie Crafts

Today I'm sharing an inspiration art canvas that I did for Little Birdie Crafts. I've used the Boho Dreams paper collection along with some mixed medias to create this panel.




Let me show you how I made this.  First I cut an 8 x 8 piece from the Boho Dreams collection and applied a sticky sheet to the back of the paper so that the paper would be securely attached to the art panel.  This will keep the paper from buckling when mixed media is applied. (I distressed around the edges before adhering to the board.)




Next, I used the Floral stencil and masked on some floral patterns using white Mixed Media Paste.  After that dried, I misted with Berry Blast and Gold Rust mists and allowed that to dry.  (You can speed up the process by drying with your heat gun.)  Then I streaked yellow, red and white paint randomly on the canvas.




I took a 6" x 6" piece of paper from the collection and tore all around the edges and then added 3 pieces of washi tape.



I used a combination of mists and paints to color the 6 x 6 paper.  While that dries locate the two punch out doilies shown below.  Ink over the doilies to give an aged appearance.  I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  Now apply some paint randomly around the edges of the doilies.




Paint a scrap of corrugated cardboard white and adhere near the bottom of the canvas. Then adhere the smaller paper, centering as shown below.  Heat emboss the Scroll Border with embossing enamel and attach to the corrugated paper.  (I used Stampendous Aged Rose Embossing Enamel.)


Now it's time to decorate with flowers and the two doilies.  Use some foam tape to pop up the doilies and place one so that it partially covers the other.


For a finishing touch, dry brush some white paint over the flowers.






Thanks so much for visiting the Little Birdie Blog and joining me today!  Be sure and stop by the Little Birdie Crafts store, there are so many wonderful things there that I bet you'd like to have.  😃
If you're in North America, Little Birdie now has a warehouse in the US and you can order knowing that you will receive your order quickly!  There's no minimum purchase either so now you can have all those gorgeous Little Birdie blooms that you've been wishing for!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...