Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Pop-up Card for Little Birdie Crafts

I've got a really cute card to share with you today that I made for Little Birdie Crafts.  I used their Birds and Berries 6 x 6"  and 12 x 12" paper packs and a sheet of coordinating cardstock to create this card.





When you open the card, a delightful floral panel pops up to surprise the recipient of this pretty card.  (The card mechanism for the pop up was made with Twist Panel Pop-up dies from Karen Burniston)





The Card Front

Let's take a look at the layering techniques I used on the front of the card.

I selected two sheets of paper from the Birds and Berries 6 x 6 pack and cut to 4 3/4" square and 4 1/2" square.  I distressed the edges and layered the smaller piece over the larger piece.  Then I used a honeycomb mask and stenciled the design with Little Birdie's Mixed Media Paste.



Next I randomly cut pieces off the Honey Comb chipboard so that it's shape would be irregular and then lightly painted over the piece with white gesso.  After it was dry, I adhered to the left side of my card.



I selected one of the doiles from the 12 x 12 paper pack and adhered to the front, centering.  Notice that I cut a piece out on the right.  I did this so that my flowers would nestle better.



Sometimes I deconstruct a flower so that I can snug it under the papers and other flowers.  I removed the back two petal layers from this flower and cut them in half so that I could push them under the doily.



I placed my flower piece and added a bed of leaves before adhering the flowers.



I  fussy cut a sentiment from the Elements paper in the 12 x 12 paper pack and adhered to the front. To finish off the  card and give it a shabby appearance I dry brushed white gesso over the flowers and card.



To make the pretty pop up cards inside, I fussy cut images from the Elements Sheet and adhered to scalloped die-cut papers from the collection.





That's it.  I hope that my layering tips will help you with your designs!  Thanks for joining me today.


Supplies from Little Birdie Crafts



Maggi xoxo







3 comments:

  1. MaggiMagic performed on Karen Burniston’s dies—this card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is STUNNING! And oh so very adorable! I LOVE it Maggi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this beautiful card and I had the same word thought as Lisa.... Stunning! Love the colors and birds and the tip of cutting the flower and tucking it in is great! Thank you for sharing the inspiring card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...