Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Layout for Creative Embellishments

You know, layouts are my favorite thing, and I don't do nearly enough of them these days.  I have photos from our trip to Alaska last summer that need to be scrapped and this is one of them, taken in downtown Anchorage.  I loved this blue bear and that, along with all the beautiful flowers, makes Anchorage so colorful in the summer.  Its certainly a change from the dirty snow and ice of winter!

I used several chipboard pieces from Creative Embellishments on this layout.  Underneath the photo I used the Harlequin Circle but I cut the harlequins out of the circle.  I painted all the chipboard pieces roughly with white paint, purposely not covering the chipboard 100%.

I used Stamperia's Blue Land papers which is such a beautiful line with many mixed media appearing details.  You really don't need to do much!  I did stencil on the background using the ledger stencil and this lightly touching the stencil marks with Vintage Photo Distress ink.  I also added a piece of  printed paper underneath the photo that I lightly inked. 

Stemming out from the flowers on the left is a vintage flourish that I cut into two pieces so it could extend from both the top and the bottom.



This is a Distressed Chevron Piece, I needed a little balance down in that corner.




Creative Embellishments has so many great words and word sets that make great titles.  This is from Travel Word Set 1. I cut some really narrow foam tape and popped it up.









Creative Embellishments Challenge

I hope you'll enter our monthly challenge; it's always the first post on the Creative Embellishments Blog.  You could win a great gift certificate to the store!  Here are the rules:
  • Create a NEW project layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc. of  the 1st of each month, 2020.
  • It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog page. Please make sure to reference our challenge. Please, no old projects. (meaning projects from previous months that may fit the challenge) Please share only new projects.
  • Please add your entry to the inlinkz tool below to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.
  • Simply add a link to your FB photo (if you do not have a blog) featuring your challenge entry. Let us know how you were inspired by the photo.
  • Combining with other challenges is permitted.
  • We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 OF CE products on your projects but it isn’t required to play along.
  • WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on this post the day after the challenge ends. Keep an eye out to see if you are a winner.
Thanks for stopping by, I do appreciate it!  

xoxo Maggi

1 comment:

  1. This lovely piece reminds me to cut apart chippies and use the elements in unique ways.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...