Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Solace for the Heart - Flying Unicorn KOM

I h ave more creations to show you that I did with the November Flying Unicorn kit!  I love the great combination of Teresa Collins Vintage Finds, Authentique Peaceful and Cosmo Cricket Evangeline papers.  You can create a lot of fabulous projects with these papers and all the great embellies!

Our main kit always includes an off the page project and the November kit includes a burlap canvas panel.   This is the house that my father was born in, its an old house out in the country, across the road from a country church.  Funny thing about those tanks that you see in front of the house.  We recently had a family reunion and I told my aunt that she needed to tell her son to get those tanks out of the way so I could get a really good photo of the house.   So she says to to me, "Let me tell you why those tanks are there" and she proceeds to tell me that a cow got up under the house and got stuck; everytime it tried to come out from under the house it would bang its head on the floor joists so they had to used a tractor to pull the cow out!  I swear, that's what she told me, if anyone but her had told me that story I would have thought they were trying to sell me a bridge in Brooklyn.

 I used a lot of things from mystash for this, the yellow flowers are an old Prima vine, they are the color of dried tobacco leaves - that is some symbolism for me. The green flowers are Petaloo Darjeeling and came from the Flying Unicorn store, they are a favorite bloom of mine. I added some miniature pine cones that I found in the Christmas dept at HL to complete the floral cluster. The clock is a metal Tim Holtz piece, the frame is Teresa Collins blingage that I used copper rubz on to change it from silver. I dabbed some paint on the Prima felt branches, I was tryingto achieve a dappled light look, not sure that what I got but oh well! The flourish is Recollections.

 
For this next layout, I used a photo is from our recent road trip along the Blue Ridge Parkway of Mabry Mill which is situated on the Parkway in NC. It is such a gorgeous mill and the paddle wheel still turns. There is also an old cabin situated on the grounds and some other relics from yesteryear. I added Dusty Attic chicken wire and branches. The chicken wire and cogs from the kit are embossed with Stampendous aged gold embossing powder. Have I mentioned how much I love that stuff???  Check it out in the Flying Unicorn store, you will love it!  I also used TCW 12 x 12 tiles mask on the background Cosmo Cricket paper. The other papers are Teresa Collins.
 
 



Thanks for stopping by, hope you'll check out the great kits from the Flying Unicorn.  They are truely one of a kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...