Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Flying Unicorn and CSI case file #45

The Flying Unicorn is proud ot be a permanent sponsor CSI - Color...Stories...Inspiration,,,. a wonderful challenge site designed to challenge and inspire you with their weekly color and journaling challenges.  We are also proud of our creative team member Adrienne Ford who is also a member of the design team at CSI!

I created this layout using the fabulous Flying Unicorn November KOM, Solace for the Heart.  This kit is full of vintage goodness and includes papers from Teresa Collins Vintage Finds, Authentique Peaceful, Cosmos Cricket Evangeline collections as well as an eclectic collection of embellishments that are sure to enhance your projects.  Our main kit always includes an Off the Page Project too.

For this layout I used mostly the Authentique Peaceful collection.




 
 
 
 
   CSI Case file #45 - This is a beautiful earthy color palette of soft beiges, brown and sage.



Evidence - I've used a book page print behind the cut circles and all my paper has a beautiful texture. I especially love the texture of the tatted Maya Road flowers I used. Ok that evidence is a bit weak, sorry, I am a new detective and I will get better!!

Testimony - Well my family is kind of unusual as it includes two poodles, one that drives and one that thinks she is human. What???? No I'm not kidding.

Many of you have "met" Chena. She is the sidekick and traveling companion of the ever famous Escape Kitty. Those two began their travels in Alaska when Chena "borrowed" our motorhome and drove to New York to help Kitty escape and off they went to the wilds of Alaska. They are currently cavorting out west somewhere. I get the occasional pee mail from Chena. You know, when dogs are sniffing around trees and posts and stuff? Well they're reading their pee mail!! And you just thought they were looking for a good spot, HA!

It is really kinda funny how my family parallels Jen's (jrabs) family, she has Stay Behind Kitty, and I have Nika. Noodle as Nika is more frequently called, is my sweet love, she's the one that cuddles with me for hours, she is so afraid of the great big world out there, Just like Stay Behind Kitty, she would NEVER embark on an adventure like Chena does. Her idea of a good time is to follow me around the house all day. She has no self esteem, no self confidence; her whole world depends on my well being. She won't even go outside by herself; she always waits for Chena or me to come with her. What a silly dog. Ah but this is a really important piece of evidence, she doesn't know she's a dog! She loves to walk on 2 legs just like a human and often approaches me on two legs. She puts her front paws on my shoulders and give me a big human hug.

While Chena may be the famous one in the cyberworld, Noodle has stolen the heart of my scrappy friends that come every year for a weekend of wine, doggie kisses, southern hospitality, photo ops and of course scrapping!! They are both my family and I love them beyond words, and oh yeah, I love my dh too, he is awesome.


Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you'll visit me at the Flying Unicorn!

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Maggi! I love how your "story" is so much fun and adds to the page.
    There's nothing better than doggy hugs!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this Maggi...especially the story :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...