Pages

Tuesday, August 29, 2023

The Bigz Plus Slotted Treat Box by Eileen Hull for Sizzix

When I first saw the Bigz Plus Slotted Treat Box I immediately thought of a Piggy Bank because of the slot in the front.  Well them my mind wandered about and I remembered that Graphic 45 had a collection with flying pig images; so of course, this piggy bank was born!

The Bigz Plus Slotted Treat Box measures 6 1/2” x 5” x 3 1/2” and aside making a cute piggy bank, it can be some many other things. It can hold a set of cards, journals, doll clothes, ephemera storage or you can even use it as a gift box! This is a Scoreboards die which is specially designed to cut and score thick material like matboard, chipboard, leather, felt, fabric and metal.  Take note, this is important, an A 9” wide machine is required to cut this die.  It works with the Sizzix Switch and Big Shot Plus, Spellbinders Gemini & 8.5" Platinum, and others with a wide mouth platform.




I used Eileen's Alphanumeric Thinlit die to cut the "My Piggy Bank" letters.  The piggy is fussy cut from a design paper from Graphic 45's Olde Curiosity Shoppe collection.





I hinged the back to keep the lid in place.


Then I just embellished it with fun piggy images and begging words!






The great thing is you don't have to use the slot, you can cover over it and then it's just a cool box!




Supplies 



Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe



Thanks for joining me today!  Be sure to stop by Eileen Hull's blog and see all the great projects from the design team.

xoxo
Maggi




1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...