Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Using Eileen Hull's New Library Pocket to Make ATC's

I had a blast making these ATC's!  They are fun and quick and a great way to use scraps and leftover bits and bobs!  Thanks to teammate  Susie Bentz for the inspiration that got me going on these.

ATC's are sometimes created as set and so this is my alphabet set.  When it's finished there will be 26 ATC's in the set.


Each of these ATC's has it's own pocket which I also had to embellish!  All the pockets and ATCs are die-cut with Eileen's Library Pocket ATC Card and Tabs Die Set (below).  I love not having to cut my ATC's because they are never "perfect".


My ATC's 

Q is for Question

I made this set with leftovers!  It's black cardstock embossed with Vintage Buttons.  I rubbed luster wax over the raised image to bring out the details in the embossing.




Instead of misting with water when I embossed the pocket paper, I misted with Lindy's Starburst Mist.  The letters I am using for my Alpha set are die-cut with Eileen's Alphanumeric die.  Sometimes I used the cut out letter and sometimes I used the negative letter as I did on this one.

The stamp on the ATC is from Graphic 45's Typography Collection.  I used silver StazOn ink and doodled the edges with Uniball pens.




Sizzix 3-D Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - Vintage Buttons


S is for Seek

More leftovers, I found the wizard and stamped image in a pile of leftovers!



To make this one, I first stenciled a background on the ATC and then added the wizard image.  The pocket is embellished with a die-cut and stamped stamp.






I is for Inspire

This one is cut from a scrap of a Gel Press Print that I made.  It's stamped with a Graphic 45 Inspire stamp from the Typography collection.  I added a piece of torn paper, some washi tape and bling.  That's it.





D is for Dog (of course!)

 I used some Authentique paper scraps that are 2 - 3 years old and stenciled a paw print on the pocket.







On the lower right corner of the ATC is a brad that's from 2005 probably and the dog stickers from at least 15 years ago!! I love shopping in my stash!



B is for Believe


This one is made with Graphic 45 Imagine papers.




I just fussy cut a few things and fit them all together.



The hardest part of making ATC's is dialing my brain back and forcing it to think small.  But I find that the more I make them, the more imaginative I get.  I hope you'll get inspired and make some too!


Here's some more inspiration for you, from long ago, 2010!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...