Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Artist's trading cards - Challenge too.

Have you ever made Artist's Trading Cards (ATCs)?  This is my first and it was so fun!  I was skeptical about making it at first 'cause I thought I'd rather be doing a LO but I really loved this.  I think its a great medium for trying new techniques.  You can focus a single technique on this small little project.  If you don't like what you did, throw it away as you don't have that much time invested, hopefully!  I just got this great stamp set from Back Porch Memories and an idea popped into my head for my first ATC.

I painted the background with T Holtz brushed pewter crackle paint, then rubbed several colors of alcohol ink into the cracks to give an etheral appearance.  Then I used one of my new BackPorchMemories stamps to stamp the words using archival ink.  Then I adherred the fairy, placed a BG rubon on the left, added stickles to the fairy's wings and bodice, and sprayed all over lightly with marshmellow glimmer mist. I rather like it and think I will do more! 

I am hosting an ATC challenge at Pages in Time and I will randomly select a winner for a RAK.  Do come join my challenge, and check out the other challenges too.  We've got some great challenges going on!  There are challenges for shabby chic, flowers and bling, an exploding box, scraplift!  Come join us!!

1 comment:

  1. I love ATC's, haven't made on in a while though. Might put it on my weekend project list :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...