Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Book Cover

I have way too many scraps of paper flying around my SB room with little notes on them of things I need/want to do.  It all sort of gets lost in the shuffle!  So I got inspired by Denise, a fellow DT member at Pages in Time, and decided to make a notebook to keep track of everything.  I am using a small 3 ring binder (about 7 x 9) and this is the from page.  The notebook has a plastic sleeve on the front so I will just slide this in the sleeve!


I love how this turned out!  I love to crowd my pages with all kinds of embellies so I had a ball with this!  I started with Bazzill cardstock that I inked and distressed.  Then the toile pp is Paper Studio. On top of the toile is a  K & Co die cut mat from the Sea Glass collectioon and then the image is Graphics 45 Fashionista Haute Couture.  The paper flowers are Prima sprayed with marshmellow glimmer mist and the brads are MM.  I used a Tim Holtz plate mounted on a scrap of lace that I used when I made my hat for my wedding back in 1981!!  Also used Tim Holtz muse tokens and grungeboard hinges painted with brass crackle paint.  After the paint dried I rubbed the hinges with black ink to make them less shiny.  The two cards to the left of the ladies are are from a K7Co cardstock sheet called Lifes Journey Stamp Collection.  Typewriter letters are also Life's Journey by K& Co.  Black lace is Wrights.  Fabric flowers at the bottom and the checked ribbon are Offray.  Netting and ribbon vine came from Your Scrapbook Stash.  They have some nice vintage  laces there.  Now if this will just slide down in that sleeve, we'll be good to go.  It's going to be a tight fit!!  Thanks for stopping by, let me know you were here!!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Maggi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so nice to keep track of things that way! Love all the embellies you used to give this flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo gorgeous Maggi! It so makes me want to do mine over..lol Fabulous way to use G45 and all those embellies..just so so cute!! Creative Snaps to u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. I've had an altered notebook for a while for scrappy things, but it's almost time to make a new one. So many scrappy things to do, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Maggi! It is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...