Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

"Music Sings" Tag for Eileen Hull Designs by Sizzix

 For me, tags are just so fun!  They're big enough to have enough space to play on, yet small enough that they're not overwhelming.  So many people ask, what do you do with them?  Well I attach them to cards and you have instant slim line card.  Sometimes I put them on layouts and most often, I just hang them around my studio because they inspire me and make me happy.  

Sometimes I use them to try out new techniques, they are like art journals to me.  I just never could embrace art journaling because paper inside a book just doesn't work for me.  Maybe its because I'm left handed and have fought with that wire binding being in my way my whole life!! 😆

Well then, on to business!  This month's theme for the Eileen Hull Design Team is Wordsoup, Tags & Pockets. It's always up to each team member to interpret the theme however they want. So I just went with, make a tag with words on it.




To get started, I chose a Graphic 45 large tag and covered it with design paper and added some beads at the bottom and bling along the side.




Next I cut layers with the Mandala die and  journal cards die.



Now for some assembly, first layer is popped up with foam tape and then the mandala is glued to that.



It's time to prep the center panel with the sentiment. Music Sings was cut with Eileen's new Alphanumeric Die. This is such a great die, the letters are just the right size to use for titles and they are so easy to read!

I always locate and glue the middle letter first and then add the rest of the letters.  That way I know my placement is centered.  (But be aware that in words like music with a skinny "I" in it, the center is thrown off.  I had to reposition the S so that it was slightly off center.)



I find it easier to cut a thin strip of paper and adhere my small letters to it and then cut the words apart.  Its a lot easier to get the letters lined up this way.


Ok, here's the center panel already to place on the tag. Oh wait, it needs one more thing.  I glued cardboard to the back to pop it up.  I like lots of dimension in my tags!


Just about finished, it needs a few flowers and a bow! 




You can better see the dimension in this photo.

All finished, it's just a fun tag that makes me happy.  I really love music and it does sing to my soul!




Supplies





Stamperia's Maxi Background Desire Collection


Thanks for visiting, be sure to stop by next week as I have a fun collection of ATC's to share.  AND don't forget to visit Eileen's blog for lots of inspiration from the other DT members.


4 comments:

  1. when i see your creations they remind me, oh yeah, that mandala is a cool layer, and i need to pop things up more, and that bow adds such a nice finishing touch…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tags. It’s magnificent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...