Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Layout for Little Birdie Crafts

Go9od morning friends!  I hope you are all well and managing through these trying times.  Many of us have nothing better to do but but stare at the 4 walls of our shelter in place abode.   It's really odd, I've had the hardest time concentrating on anything lately.  I think the weight of the world is weighing me down.  I am really heartsick at all the sadness present in the world today.  However, staying busy is the best therapy so I urge you to go make something!!

Today I am sharing another layout featuring the beautiful Little Birdie Crafts Songs of the Sea collection.  The layout is deceptively easy, just lots of layers of pretty papers and some mixed media.


1.  Let's begin with the bottom layer, it's just this sheet of paper inked around the edges.


2.  The next layer begins with this paper.   First stencil on a pattern with Mixed Media Paste 2 in 1 Gesso over the entire 12 x 12 paper and allow it to dry.  Then randomly mist with Color Splash  in Lime Splash and Ocean Mist.  Allow that to dry and then randomly ink with some purple ink, I used Distress Wilted Violet.    


3.  Cut a 1" border off each side so that you have 2 - 1" x 12" strips.  Then cut 1" off the remaining sides so that you have a 10" square left.  Cut 4 1/2" x 12" strips from the two long strips.  Adhere the 10" square in the center of the page.


4.  Take the 4 - 1/2" strips and glue around the page about 3/8" from the outer edges making a frame.  Miter the corners for a finished look.  (Note that you will be removing a small piece of the strip from each end so don't glue that part securely.) See the layout photo for reference.

5.  Trim this paper to 8 1/2" square.  Border punch around the edges if you like.  Center this paper over the previous layer.



6.  Trim a 6" square from this paper OR use a sheet from the 6" x 6" pad and adhere over the previous layer about 2 1/2" from the left side and 3" from the top.


7.  Now add your photos.  My photos are 5 1/2" wide and I mounted them on some of the design paper.  Choose one of the doilies and use for journaling.  Adhere as shown on the bottom right corner. 


8.  Now my favorite part, flowers!!  Choose several sizes of flowers and arrange in a pleasing manner.  Tuck in some chipboard leaf sprigs to add variety.  I also die-cut some flourishes and layered them underneath the floral clusters.







Thank you for joining me today!  If you are in the USA you can order online from our US based warehouse, check it out!








1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...