Pages

Monday, April 27, 2020

Treat Box with Eileen Hull's Tiiny Book Case Die

Have you used Eileen Hull's new Tiny Book and Tiny Book Case dies yet?  They are just so cute and make the sweetest little book and box.

Today, I want to share a special treat box that I made for a friend with a new puppy.  What could be better than a new puppy anyway?  I made two Tiny Book Cases and glued them together back to back.

Treat Box


Tutorial

1.  Cut two pieces of chipboard about 6" x 8 1/2".  Cover both sides of the chipboard with paper of your choice and then die-cut two boxes.  My intention was to use the same paper on the outside of both boxes but I goofed and ran one piece through my die-cut machine with the wrong side down.  (You want to place the front of your box down on the die)  Well, you know, sometimes you just goof up and so you make lemonade from lemons right?  Ink you edges before assembling, its a bit easier that way.   I use a Faber-Castell Big Brush pen to ink in the creases.  It does a great job  BUT you have to be really careful that the pen doesn't slip, 'cause if it does you'll have "artwork" on your project, perhaps in a place you didn't want it!  Now assemble the boxes by folding in the sides and adhering to to the bottom flap.
2.  Cut two pieces of ribbon about 22" long.  Place double sided tape on the back of one of the boxes and then adhere one piece of ribbon over the back center.  Adhere the other piece of ribbon over the center of the 2nd box.  Then place another piece of double sided tape over one piece of ribbon as shown below.





3.    Now stand the boxes up on their ends and push together being sure to line them up perfectly on the sides.  The should look something like this with ribbon coming out the top and the bottom.



 Now you can decorate the boxes however you wish!  I actually like that the two sides are different.




I used some fun dog quotes that I had to decorate the boxes as well as a few fussy cut images.






Fill the boxes up with puppy treats and tie the ribbons to hold the contents secure.  Of course, you could use different papers and make a gift box for any occasion.  How a bout a Mom's Day gift with earrings on one side and a necklace on the other?


Thanks so much for stopping by.  Want to know who liked this project best?  My two poodles 'cause they got to eat the photo props!  Love my girls!





11 comments:

  1. Oh my Gosh! I LOVE this! What a terrrific project. How cute to make this into a sweet treat boxes and put together for the pups! Of course the Best part is the pic of the pups at the end. Awwwwww.... as an avid rescuer and pup lover, this has my heart...as do my pups! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Roxanne! My poodles rule my world, I would only be half a person without dogs in my life. Bless you for your rescue work.

      Delete
  2. This project is delightful, Maggi. There are so many ways to use this design! tfs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, it was a fun project to do.

      Delete
  3. LOL, I bet they loved this project. =) What an adorable treat box you made Maggi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea connecting two boxes Maggi! love the colors, patterns and fun sentiments - a wonderful treat box for the new dog owner! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project! love it treats for puppies... could be their travel suitcase so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Double the fun with the double the gift giving opportunity! This is such a creative idea! I love these papers - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pups sure look happy to me! They know there are some treats coming their way in a super duper container <3 What a great gift for a friend who gets a new dog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...