Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Tutorial to make a fun top hat!

I was fortunate enough to go on the Caribbean Graphic 45 cruise with Craftours, and oh what fun we had crafting, sunbathing and visiting the fun island ports.  While cruising, I did a make an' take top hat that I want to share with you.  The basic hat is really easy to make and the fun part is embellishing it with feathers, flowers,  and whatever your imagination dreams up!  You can use any papers to make the hat and in my video I'll show you several hats, all made from different collections.




I made this hat with Graphic 45's DCE Times Nouveau collection.    For me, the fun part is adding tons of embellishments ending up sometimes with a rather interesting piece but so fun!


I made some flowers for my hat and I show you how to make these simple and quick flowers in my video.

I also used some great Petaloo burlap blooms on my hat and a stickpin that I made.



I also love things that dangle so I added some chipboard pieces cascading off the back of the hat along with the long ribbon tails.


 Graphic 45's keys are great for tucking into clusters as I did here with a couple of Shabby Chic Ornate Metal Keys.






 Supplies List  -
Graphic 45 Times Nouveau Deluxe Collector's Edition:
  Wallflower
  Hot Tomato
  Copacetic
  Lollapalooza
  Chipboard
  Cardstock Stickers
Shabby Chic Ornate Metal Keys
Other:
Petaloo Burlap Blossoms 1201200
Petaloo Burlap Blossoms 1200200
Feathers
Kaisercraft Pearls
Sizzix Alterations Tattered Floral die
EK Success Retro Flower
Prima resin bird
Handmade stickpin
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Here are some other hats I made using this same template:

More elegant hats using Gilded Lily and Mon Amour:






Two fun hats from World's Fair:





4 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...