Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Layout and tag with the April Flying Unicorn kit

The April Flying Unicorn Kit has been revealed and it's a beautiful kit filled with Prima goodies.   Be sure to stop by the store and take a look at the revamped monthly kits.  Now you only have to buy one mega kit and you get the best of what used to be, 4 separate kits.  It's a great idea, I think you'll love it!

This layout combines Prima's Tales of You & Me  with Vintage Emporium collections.  At first I had trouble combining the rose tones of the Tales collection with the yellow tones of Emporium but I found that by using some Vintage Photo Distress ink on the rose colors, I could pull all the colors together.



 I did lots of fussy cutting on this layout.  The strip in the center was fussy cut from the Jardin de Fleurs paper and the flowers to the left of the photo were fussy cut from Belles Melodies d'amour.



The wood butterfly that came in the kit is soooo pretty!!






Supplies from the April Unicorn Kit:
Prima Tales of You and Me collection:
  Jardin de fleurs - 990831
  Belles Melodies d'amour 990824
  Beaute Cachee - 990848
  Wood Variety - title and butterfly - 583798
  Secret Love flowers - 586287
Vintage Emporium collection - Puccini 847586
Salvage District flowers - Hall 586430
Pleated Lace


The megakit also comes with Studio 75's new release, Secret Garden.  There are both 12 x 12 and 6 x 6 papers from this collection included in the April Unicorn megakit!

I made this fun tag using the Secret Garden 6 x 6 papers and a great wooden tag that is in the kit.



To create my background, I stamped on some Prima Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint from the kit using Creative Embellishments Paint Splat Trio stamps from my stash.  This is such a great stamp set if you like to do grunge.  I just painted some paint on an acrylic stamp block, stamped my stamp into the paint and then stamped the paper.  I love the effect.  In this case, because I'm using pastel papers and paint, the effect is really not grungy, but cool nevertheless!

I tied a bow with ribbon from my stash and topped that with a Kaisercraft rose from the kit.



I used a gold Sharpie pin to high-lite the two round cutouts.

  And that sweet little cherub is from my stash,  It's a Prima resin piece that I brushed with some of the acrylic paint.

Supplies from the Aril Unicorn kit:
Studio 75 Secret Garden 6 x 6 collection
Studio 75 Secret Garden 07
Prima Art Achemy Acrylic Paint Opal Magic Violet -Gold 963637
Wooden tag
Other Supplies:
Prima Resin Angels Set of Six 573478
RRR gold ribbon

Thanks for visiting!  Be sure to visit the Flying Unicorn Store and check out our kits.  No subscriptions, you just buy the kits you want!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...