Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Leaky Shed dolls and G45 Twelve Days of Christmas

Hi there all my scrappy friends!  Here's a blast from my past that I thought was appropriate for the fast approaching holiday season.  Yep, I was one of Santa's helpers and I thought this photo was perfect to pair with our Julie Nuttig Naughty or Nice 4' chipboard doll and Graphic 45 Twelve Days of Christmas.







I've painted her skin with watercolors and her hair and boots with markers.  My favorite thing to use on chipboard is embossing powder and I keep finding different ways to apply the powder.  On this one, I squirted a litle bit of Distress embossing ink out and used a small paintbrush to paint the ink on her dress.  That way I was able to avoid getting ink in the cracks that define her pretty skirt.  The I sprinkled with Ranger Embossing Antiquities in chinese red.  I used a straight pin to clean out any stray powder in the lines and heat embossed.  I love the effect of the enamel on her dress and hat.  For the fur trim on her hat and dress, I dabbed on Aileene's Glitter Snow with a stiff paintbrush.


I also used the largest Leaky Shed's Victorian frame around my photo.  I heat embossed the frame with Stampendous aged gold embossing enamel.  It gives the frame such a pretty antiqued look.

Patterned paper: Graphic 45 Twelve Days of Christmas collection: red check - Joyeux Noel 4500724, floral - Christmas Rose 4500722, cut apart - Holly and Ivy 4500730, green check - Swans a Swimmng 4500727solid green from 6 x 6 paper pad, tags - Cardstock Banners
Chipboard: Leaky Shed 4" Naughty or Nice 1205-08s, Leaky Shed Victorian Oval Frame 6134
Embossing powder: Ranger Embossing Antiquities Chinese Red embossing enamel, Stampendous Aged gold
Diecuts and punches: Martha Stewart holly punch, WRMK Lucky 8 Classic Wreath
Flowers: G45 Cardstock flowers, Petaloo Botanica Faux Dried 1102005 red
Ink: Prima moss lawn & brick wall
Other: Aileene's Glitter Snow, red Stickles

1 comment:

  1. What a great colorfull page Maggi, and I love the way you dressed the doll!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...