Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Another layout using the Flying Unicorn June KOM!

Sassy girls indeed!  My dear friend and fellow scrapper, Jen aka jrabs, was hamming it up with Nika aka Noodle, my younger standard poodle, when I snapped this adorable photo.  Noodle adores Jen and she was just loving all the snuggles she was getting!

I  created this LO for a Tic Tac Go challenge that Alda is hosting at the Flying Unicorn using the awesome June kit.   The great thing about all of our challenges and our forum, you do not have to use our kits.  You are welcome to enter our challenges using your stash.


 
The metal flowers are part of Flying Unicorn Designer Series Adornments.  These are so gorgeous!  I randomly applied a little bit of embossing enamel to them too just to tie them in with the rest of the layout.
 
 
I altered the letters on this layout by first painting the raw chipboard with white gesso.  Then I randomly dabbed with embossing ink and used my favorite embossing powders, Stampendous aged green.  I used shabby white on the flowers.
 
 
 
 
Supplies (from the June kit unless otherwise noted):

Patterned paper:  Pink Paislee Hope Chest collection: base-trinkets, diecut behind photo - Heirlooms, Paper Goods PP0918; Canvas Corp Chocolate and Ivory collection: large rectangle - script
Letters:  Prima 563257 Fairy Rhymes Alphabet Stickers
Chipboard:  Dusty Attic 0575 Francy Trims
Embossing powder:  Stampendous aged green, shabby white, shabby green embossing enamel (all from my stash)
Diecuts and punches: WRMK Lucky 8 Fancy Scroll; Martha Stewart scrolled hearts (stash)
Flowers:    Flying Unicorn Adornments
Ink:  Mix'd Media Inks - truffle (stash)
Mist:  Lindy's Moonshadow Mist Golden Doubloons, Long John's Silver, Starburst Mission Bells Brown, Glimmer Mist Tattered Leather,   (all from my stash)
Masks: Prima Static (stash)
Paint:      White gesso (stash)
Other:  Kaisercraft wooden flower flourishes; Prima Decorative Frames Engraver 563417, Heidi Swapp decorative tape (very old tape from my stash)

 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...