Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fly - Bella Creations challenge

I did this LO for the Bella CreationsTake Flight Transformation group.  This is a bit different from my typical LO, but I sure had fun creating it! I used the BasicGrey Curio collection  which I am finding is just perfect for nature LOs - you really wouldn't think so but I've done several nature themed pages with it and love the results.  Anyway, I started out with the solid sheet, Cabriole, and put a Crafters Workshop template over it and using distress ink in Tattered Rose and Tumbled Glass, creatied the floral and bird background image.  The Dusty Attic column, bowl and wings were painted with Liquid Pearls in Bisque.  On the column, I used a little antique white acrylic paint under the Liquid Pearls.  I fussy cut the two floral patterns from the Gouache pp.  I used a journal stamp to create my journaling card.  I cut the birdcage using the Alterations large cage die and I cut the pp over it from some very very old pp,  Michaels Slab V I think it was.  Whew, never thought I'd use that again but I like the woven basket pattern.  I painted some Dusty Attic leaves with Olive Vine glimmer mist.  I used the BG letters in green that came with this paper pack but I painted them with glimmer mist olive vine to darket the color a bit.I added the strip of paper at the bottom and fussy cut along the top to give the illusion of grass.  Then I clustered my flowers and that's all there is to it!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE it Maggi!!!!!!!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You end your post with "that's all there is too it!" I love it and learn so much from reading the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fantastic! I love your take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Maggi. I love your little swallows and all the colors that you've used. I also love how you explain all your techniques so thoroughly. It really helps me understand the processes that go into creating a LO like this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...