Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Vintage

Several years ago I got into a pile of photos of my family that dated back to when my parents were teenagers.  Ah - ha, I thought, let's do these photos in a vintage style.  Well the market was seriously lacking in vintage type materials so I didn't get too far....
Fast forward several years and wow, vintage is the absolute rage.  I was ahead of my time, LOL!!  Graphics 45 does some awesome vintage papers and so I've done these two pages using G45 collections:  A Proper Gentleman, Domestic Goddess, Le Romantique and Fashionistas.  I loved doing these two pages, its so fun trying to imagine my parents as young adults!!

journal says:

This man grew up to serve proudly his country in the US Army. His service began during WW II where he went to the European theater. He spent 28 years traveling the globe, sometimes with his family and sometimes not. He served in South Korea, Nepal, and in Vietnam twice.
This man married a beautiful woman and together they had three children who are so grateful that their parents have such an enduring love for each other. They dote on their children and have given them the most important gift of all, unconditional love.
This man is my father and I am very proud to call him my Dad.


Journal on this one just says that Mom and Dad were married in WWII and then Dad left for England to prepare for D-Day.

I had some fun making the title for both of these pages.  First I painted grungeboard circles with copper alcohol ink, then dabbed a bit of mushroom alcohol ink to age the copper.  Added the letters and then  painted the whole thing with Ranger Crackle Accents.  I thought it made for a nice finished looking embellished title.  Thanks for visiting my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Aren't you glad you waited to scrap these photos? The papers and embellies are amazingly arranged to maximize the impact of the photos. Both layouts are fantastic and complement each other so well. But then, you planned it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggi..this is amazing! I love love how you put this together! The photos are great and all your details you took the time to do, just add to the beauty of this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...