Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Imagine & antiquing a frame


Every now and then I do something that I really ,really like and this is one of those!  I just love the way that the Dusty Attic Frame turned out on this, IRL, it is soooo pretty and french antique looking!  I did this layout for the February  sketch challenge at Dusty Attic.

The journal says:  This photo was taken shortly before Mom and Dad were married.  Did they imagine that they would be married for more than 67 years?  Today, they are almost 89 years old and they are still working on their love story.

 
Method for Antiquing the Frame
The effects I used on the frame are really easy and here's how I did it.  First I painted the frame with clear Gesso so that my acrylic paint would adhere better.  I used Plaid Antique White acrylic paint and I applied 2 coats.  After that dried I used Ranger Crackle Accents and applied a heavy coat on the frame with a paintbrush.  I let that dry for several hours and then I rubbed Distress Antique Linen ink into the cracks.  That still didn't quite give me the effect I wanted so I rubbed Ranger Copper Perfect Pearls into the cracks and it was Perfect, LOL!!  The perfect pearls gave the frame a nice sheen.

Layout Supplies:

BasicGrrey Curio –
• Needle Lace – back pp
• Ophelia – floral rectangle
Bazzill CS – french vanilla
- peach
Glitz – Vintage paper layers – printed pp
Kaisercraft pearls- chocolate colored
Prima e. – black and peach pearls
Dusty Attic frame
Kaisercraft rubons – Devonshire collection “Imagine”
half flower – Petaloo
Other handmade with Alterations Tattered florals
McGill starburst punch &  leaf punch
Colorbox cates eye ink –
• bisque
• olive
Distress ink –
• forest moss
• wild honey
• antique linen
• black
Ranger alcohol ink – pitch black
Tsukineko Fantastix brush point coloring tool
Martha Stewart edge punch
Venetian lace – Lace Heaven
Glimmer mist –
• sunkissed peach
• olive vine
Ranger perfect pearls – perfect copper
Plaid acrylic paint- antique white
Gesso
Autumn leaves clear stamps - journaling stamp

4 comments:

  1. What a treasure to own this photo, and how special your parents story...and example, is to all they meet. Conrats to them. Nice details, pretty page :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful LO. I'd love to feature it and you on the KCK blog. Hope you'll email me angsandy@yahoo.com.sg

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...