Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Using Layered Stencils to Make Cards

 Have you seen Eileen's new layered stencils, Watercolor Flowers & Lattice?  The stencils are such a great way to build a lovely floral design on your projects! Even better, there's a matching Thinlits Die Set, Painterly Blooms & Background that you can use to cut flowers that match the stenciled flowers.


Here's a card I made using both the stencils and the die set. 


The process for making this card began  with choosing a simple background piece of design paper cut to 5 1/8" square.  The stencils in this set are designed to be used with the Sizzix Stencil & Stamp Tool but I don't have this tool yet so I just "winged it" and it worked just fine!

I used the lattice stencil first and just taped my stencil to my design paper and stenciled the lattice.   I also marked the circles at the top so I could properly line up the leaf stencil. (pictured below) 



After stenciling the leaves, I used large floral stencil, pictured below before applying ink. I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink as I like that it is opaque.



Here's the finished stencil. For this, I only used 3 of the 4 stencils.




Now to add dimension to my design, I used the Thinlits Die Set, Painterly Blooms & Background, to die cut some flowers and leaves. I cut several sets, inked and painted on some Lindy's mist to give them shimmer. I layered 3 blooms together and topped with a pearl and strategically placed the blooms and leaves over the stenciled image to add a 3D effect.








Last, I added two sentiments making this a cheerful card to send to a friend.






There are so many creative things you can do with these stencils and die set.  Be sure to stop by Eileen's blog to see all the wonderful creations of her inspiration team.

Thanks for visiting,

xoxo Maggi


Supplies



Other
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Iced Spruce, Victorian Velvet
Lindy's Starburst Mist - Cosmopolitan Pink, Edelweiss Moss Green


6 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...