Pages

Friday, June 26, 2020

A Floral Canvas with Little Birdie Flowers and Papers


Sharing a Little Birdie Crafts floral canvas with you today featuring their gorgeous roses. I've used an 8" x 8" art panel from the Little Birdie store as my base.



I first covered the panel with paper from the Shabby Chic Bouquet collection.  I applied an adhesive backing sheet to the paper so that the paper could not bubble when mixed media was applied.   After inking the paper edges I painted it with clear gesso.  I allowed that to dry and then used a floral stencil to mask the flowers in the left corner.  Then I used a sea sponge to sponge on some watered down white gesso.  This is the result.



Next I prepared these two chipboard pieces by heat embossing them with Stampendous White Shabby Chic embossing enamel.  Then I glued the frame around a cut-apart from the Shabby Chic Bouquet collection.  Don't worry about the bottom of the tag hanging outside the frame.  It'll be covered with flowers.



After fussy cutting the clock and the birds that you see in the photos, I started putting the piece together.  I used several layers of dimensional foam tape to pop up the cut-apart and clock.  



Now just tuck the flowers in and around the focal point cut-apart.  Be sure and put some behind the cut-apart for a natural appearance.




Tuck the floral chippie beneath the cut-apart and place some smaller flowers across the top and add a jute bow.



Here you can see how I tucked flowers under the edges of the cut-apart.
Jute Braided Flat Twine 7Ply Natural

Thanks so much for joining me today.  Remember that you can now order from Little Birdie's US based warehouse.  Shipping is fast and economical and there is no minimum purchase requirement.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...