Pages

Friday, May 1, 2020

It's a New Challenge at Creative Embellishments

A new challenge is up on the Creative Embellishments Blog and here's the inspiration photo.  Lots of  directions you can go with this!  The twist is to add numbers to your project.


My Take on the Challenge

The browns in the photo inspired me to go with a nature layout so I dug out this photo of a moose.  He crossed the road in front of us last year while on our drive to Alaska.  I used a title phrase from the CE Shop to title my layout as it was a "Magical Moment."  In all the years I lived in Alaska I don't think I ever saw a bull moose outside of Denali National Park though I saw lots of cows, even in my yard.



The twist was to ad numbers to your project.  Well my numbers are small, but they are there in the journaling.


I used two styles of chipboard trees on this layout.  I first covered them with Little Birdie Crafts Fiber Paste.  After that dried, I colored them with Lindy's mists using several green colors.


The title chippy is heat embossed with Emerald Creek Baked Texture in Ancient Amber.


The Creative Embellishments pine cone clusters make a great base under the burlap flowers.  They are colored with Lindy's mists also.  I use mists a lot on chipboard because when the chipboard is etched like the pinecones, the mist doesn't fill in the etching lines like a paint would .  I also tucked in a cute little wood veneer pinecone that I left in its natural state.  Those pretty burlap flowers are from Little Birdie Crafts.


Creative Embellishments Products:

Other Products:
Stamperia Forest and Cosmos Paper Collections
Lindy's Mists
Emerald Creek Baked Texture Embossing Powder - Ancient Amber
Distress Oxide Ink - Walnut Stain



How to enter the challenge


The monthly challenge is always the first post on the Creative Embellishments Blog.  Be sure to check it out, you could win a great gift certificate to the store!  Here are the rules:
  • Create a NEW project layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc….as of  May 1st, 2020.
  • It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog page. Please make sure to reference our challenge. Please, no old projects. (meaning projects from previous months that may fit the challenge) Please share only new projects.
  • Please add your entry to the inlinkz tool below to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.
  • Simply add a link to your FB photo (if you do not have a blog) featuring your challenge entry. Let us know how you were inspired by the photo.
  • Combining with other challenges is permitted.
  • We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 OF CE products on your projects but it isn’t required to play along.
  • WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on this post the day after the challenge ends. Keep an eye out to see if you are a winner.


Thanks for joining me today!






4 comments:

  1. This is wonderful nature at its best. I remember that photo from your blog adventures last year. A Blessing moment. :) Wonderful layout. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this. It needs to be framed and on a wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. chippie pine sprigs—I love this LO—the trees are AWESOME

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...