Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Nature Themed Tags for the new challenge at the Frillie and Funkie Blog

It's time for a new challenge at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog.  come join in!  The challenges are always fun and open to your interpretation.  The best thing is, you can make what you want, i.e. it could be a tag, card, layout, 3D, whatever you like!

The Challenge
Sara Emily is our host and she has just returned from her annual trek to the mountains of West Virginia.  She saw so much natural beauty on her family hikes, she had to make her challenge nature themed. She calls her challenge Back To Nature and says of her challenge, "Be sure to include a natural element in your vintage or shabby chic project. Think real twigs, leaves, shells, pebbles. Or you could include a die cut or a stamped or stenciled image representing a natural object."

My Take on the Challenge
Some of my favorite things these days are the Tim Holtz Etcetera Tags.  I love that they come in different sizes and that they stand up so readily to mixed media applications.  This time I chose the #8 tags, they're a nice small size and fun to play with.  


#8 Etcetera tags

Tag #1

I created the background by painting the tag with white gesso and then inking with Distress Oxide Ink in Abandoned Coral.  Next, I tore an image from Floral Collage Paper and glued it down with matte medium. Then, I rubbed Copper Metallique Wax all around the edge of the tag.


#8 Etcetera tags


I used a Graphic 45 stamp from the Create Yourself collection to stamp the sentiment onto cream cardstock and then die-cut the sentiment with a die from Cheery Lynn Designs.  I used a twisted grapevine to frame my sentiment and as my natural element for the challenge.  For a finishing touch I added flowers, a butterfly,  and a seam binding bow.  Pretty simple, right?  But, oh so pretty!

#8 Etcetera tags



Tag #2

The 2nd tag is very similar to the first but I used paint instead of ink.   I started out by applying white and coral paint with a brayer.  After that dried, I tore an image from Floral Collage Paper and glued it to the tag with matte medium.

#8 Etcetera tags


I diecut a little window frame for the lower corner.  I love the little peek a boo door that opens where you could write a hidden message.  I tucked in two grapevine hearts to meet the challenge criteria of using a natural element.


#8 Etcetera tags


I rubbed Antique Brilliance - Lucky Emerald Wax around the edges, added some flowers, a butterfly from Botanical Layers and that's it!

#8 Etcetera tags


Now it's time for you to have some fun with this challenge!!  Create your Back to Nature project and link it up to the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog.  If you win, you'll have an opportunity to be a 
Guest Designer here at Frilly and Funkie!  We also award Top 3 Badges for three further outstanding entries, chosen by the Design Team, because we can’t pick just one favorite!

AND, everyone who enters and follows the rules for the challenge is entered into a draw to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. Woo-hoo!

You have until 11:59PM EDT on Tuesday, August 28th to link your project.


Supplies from The Funkie Junkie Boutique


4 comments:

  1. Maggi, you ran with this challenge and finished a WINNER! I love these beautiful tags with the Collage Paper background and all those beautiful elements! How sweet is that door! Those weensy grapevine wreathes are adorable! Thank you so much for your inspiration! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I love the touches of the grapevine on your beautiful tags! The mini card on the front is so pretty and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggi, theses are sooo pretty! I love the gessoed backgrounds combined with the paint and Botanical Layers. Looks just like summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Maggi you've truly brought these Etcetera tags to life with the collage paper and choice of embellishments. So beautiful and full of nature xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...