Pages

Friday, August 31, 2018

Mixed Media rice paper canvas with Stamperia

Stamperia Rice Paper Canvas

Hello friends, I'm back with another Stamperia rice paper canvas.  Mixed media applications are the perfect treatment for the rice papers.  I've used crackle paste, embossing enamels, gold modeling paste, inks and waxes on this one.

The Process

I began the process by gluing the rice paper to a 9 x 12 canvas with Stamperia Mixed Media Glue.  This is a product that I really like, it is thin and just applies so nicely. Matte medium or clear gesso also works just fine.

After the glue dried I used black gesso to stencil on the mustached man at the bottom and then I used gold masking paste to stencil on a clock face, crown and harlequin pattern.



Next, I applied crackle paste all around the edges and after that dried, I misted with gold and brown mists.  Then I added some gold embossing powder and heated in random places around the edge.

Chipboard
I chose some great Steampunk gears from Creative Embellishments and heat embossed them with Stampendous Aged Bronze and Emerald Creek Oil Rubbed Bronze and Charred Gold.  I rubbed on some Rich Copper Prima Metallique wax in a few places to add a rusty look.




Some of the chippies are simply misted with gold mist such as the large gear in this photo behind the clock face.  The flower I used is metal and I enhanced its look by dabbing on embossing ink and Stampendous Aged Gold embossing enamel and heat setting.  If you try this, be careful as the metal does get hot!

To finish up the canvas I used Prima Metallique Waxes to highlight and bring out the details. 

If these techniques interest you, here are some other canvases I've made using similar techniques, Roses Canvas,  Clockwise Mannequin and Red Poppies.

Supplies

Stamperia Rice Paper - Clockwise Clock & Keys
Stamperia Mixed Media Glue
TCW Black Gesso
TCW Gold Gesso
Ranger Texture Paste - Opaque Crackle
Prima Colorbloom - Worn Leather, Tea Stain
Stampendous Aged Bronze
Emerald Creek Oil Rubbed Bronze and Charred Gold
Prima Metallique Wax - Bronze Age,Aged Brass
Prima Antique Brilliance - Red Amber

Thanks for stopping by today!

10 comments:

  1. This is steampunk cool—but my heart belongs to your “roses” creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Maggi, love the vintage feel and design. Tracy ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh La La! Steampunk to the MAX! You are good...very good! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, you are a sweetheart, I really appreciate your visits to my blog.

      Delete
  5. I really like this Maggie, love the steampunk look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...