Country Kitchen, one Fabscrap's newer collections, is such a fun collection and it's perfect for making cards, tags, cookbooks, and other homey kind of projects. I sized this card so that I could write a recipe inside. I love to cook and share my recipes with my friends.
For This Project You Will Need:
· FabScraps Country Kitchen Collection C76:
· 1 Sheet C76 001 Hot Chili
· 1 Sheet C76 002 Food & Friends
· 1 Sheet C76 007 Pomegranate
· DC76 011 Die-cut Gray Rooster
· Journal Die-Cuts Pack MC76 001A
· 1 Sheet ivory cardstock
· Embellishments of your choice, flowers, etc.
· Border punch, I used Martha Stewart's Fleur de Lis
· Spellbinders Decorative Labels 27
- Cut a piece of ivory cardstock 6 x 10" and score at 5". Make a card by folding at the 5" score line.
- Cut a piece of 001 Hot Chili 5.75 x 4.75" and adhere to the front of the card.
- Cut a strip of 002 Food & Friends 5.75 x 1.75" and border punch both edges.
- Cut a strip of 007 Pomegranate 5.75 x .625 and adhere to the strip in step 3, then adhere both to the middle of the card.
- Cut a shape approximately 4 to 4.25" square from 007 Pomegranate. I used the largest die from the Spellbinders Decorative Labels 27 set. You could cut a square and punch the edges or leave it plain if you do not have a similar die. Adhere to the left side of the card, centering on the center strip.
- Cut another shape approximately 3.25" square. I used the 2nd largest die from the Spellbinders Decorative Labels 27 set. You could cut a square and punch the edges or leave it plain if you do not have a similar die. Cut a piece of cardboard or use foam tape to pop this up and center on the shape from step 5.
- Remove one of the rooster die-cuts from the Country Kitchen Journal Die-Cuts Pack MC76 001A and adhere it to the corresponding rooster, DC76 011. Attach this over the layered squares from step 6.
- Cut out a sentiment from 002 Food & Friends. I chose the words "Food & Friends". Use foam tape or something similar and adhere to the bottom right of the card.
- Now add flowers or other embellishments and that's it! You have a pretty card all ready to give to a special someone. I'm going to make a dish for a friend and add this card with the recipe for the dish inside!