Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Fabscraps Country Kitchen card


Country Kitchen, one Fabscrap's newer collections, is such a fun collection and it's perfect for making cards, tags, cookbooks, and other homey kind of projects.  I sized this card so that I could write a recipe inside.  I love to cook and share my recipes with my friends.




 I popped up the layers to give the card some dimension and interest.





For This Project You Will Need:
·    FabScraps Country Kitchen Collection C76:
·        1  Sheet C76 001 Hot Chili
·        1 Sheet C76 002 Food & Friends
·        1 Sheet C76 007 Pomegranate
·        DC76 011 Die-cut Gray Rooster
·        Journal Die-Cuts Pack MC76 001A
·         
·    Other:
·        1 Sheet ivory cardstock
·        Embellishments of your choice, flowers, etc.
·        Border punch, I used Martha Stewart's Fleur de Lis
·        Spellbinders Decorative Labels 27

Instructions:
  1. Cut a piece of ivory cardstock 6 x 10" and score at 5".  Make a card by folding at the 5" score line.
  2. Cut a piece of 001 Hot Chili 5.75 x 4.75" and adhere to the front of the card.
  3. Cut a strip of 002 Food & Friends 5.75 x 1.75" and border punch both edges.
  4. Cut a strip of 007 Pomegranate 5.75 x .625 and adhere to the strip in step 3, then adhere both to the middle of the card.
  5. Cut a shape approximately 4 to 4.25" square from 007 Pomegranate.  I used the largest die from the Spellbinders Decorative Labels 27 set.  You could cut a square and punch the edges or leave it plain if you do not have a similar die.  Adhere to the left side of the card, centering on the center strip.
  6. Cut another shape approximately 3.25" square.  I used the 2nd largest die from the Spellbinders Decorative Labels 27 set.  You could cut a square and punch the edges or leave it plain if you do not have a similar die. Cut a piece of cardboard or use foam tape to pop this up and center on the shape from step 5.
  7. Remove one of the rooster die-cuts from the Country Kitchen Journal Die-Cuts Pack MC76 001A and adhere it to the corresponding rooster, DC76 011.  Attach this over the layered squares from step 6.
  8. Cut out a sentiment from 002 Food & Friends.  I chose the words "Food & Friends".  Use foam tape or something similar and adhere to the bottom right of the card.
  9. Now add flowers or other embellishments and that's it!  You have a pretty card all ready to give to a special someone.  I'm going to make a dish for a friend and  add this card with the recipe for the dish inside!




2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...