Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Back to school with Creative Embellishments

 I am thrilled to be serving another term with Creative Embellishments!  Nicolle, the co-owner has the greatest chipboard designs and is always adding new ones to the store.  She also has some great wood veneer pieces, flair and really quality rubber stamps.    

Creative Embellishments runs a photo inspirational challenge every month and the prize (randomly awarded) is a $50 gift certificate to the store.  How great is that?  Here's the inspiration photo for September.  Check out the challenge here.




I took my inspiration from the alphabet in the photo and decided upon a back to school theme.  I thought Graphic 45's ABC Primer papers would be perfect with these chippies from the Creative Embellishments  school collection of chipboard.  The challenge has a twist and that is to use paint on your layout, so I  painted  all the chipboard with Claudine Hellmuth acrylic paints and then used our Distressed Text stamp and black Stazon ink to stamp over the frame and title, just to tone down the bright yellow. 

 The Back to School title comes in a set of two different sizes
 and I used the  larger of the two.


 I used our Alphabet frame which comes with the cute little crayons 
in the bottom photo. 

 To get the look on my metal flower, I dabbed on some embossing ink,
and then added gold and turquoise embossing powders and heat embossed.

Thanks for visiting, have a wonderful day!



3 comments:

  1. adorable, Maggi! Such a pretty, well designed layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggi,
    Your design and page are absolutely beautiful! The paper is awesome and the photos are totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie I just love your layout... The ABC Primer is one of my favorites... well I have alot of favorites when it comes to G45 paper but I adore this collection and you have utilized it so well... Love how you stamped ontop of the chipboard title. The embossing on the metal flower is gorgeous also !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...