Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

BAP with Prima Time Traveler from the September Swirlydoos kit of the month.

Hi girlies, don't you just LOVE this yummy September kit, Vintage Love? I have drooled over every single sheet of paper in this kit, the colors are so vintage and so lovely! So come along with me as we build a page featuring Prima's Time Traveler collection. I've used nothing but papers and two flowers from the kit, some of my punches and a little bit of molding paste to create this layout.




1. Select these two papers from the kit. Cut the dark floral paper to 10.25 x 10.25. I used some Shimmerz TextureZ in Sandy Stone and Prima's crackle mask to do some random stenciling on the paper.



2. Cut an 8.5" square from the center of the larger paper and save for another use. Punch around the dark paper, I used Martha Stewart's Swirling Lace punches.



3. Now cut the following pieces:
floral paper: 5 x 10.25" Punch around the page, I used Martha Stewart's Flourish Lace punches.
striped paper: 3.25 x 6.5"
light printed paper: 3 x 6.75"
Tickets: fussy cut one strip of tickets from ticket paper

Ink and distress all the edges as desired.



4. Ink and distress the edges and then adhere the black paper, centering horizontally and about .75" from the top of the page.



5. Create an embellishment with Martha's Stewarts Daisy Fan punch. I cut two strips and then spaced them apart the exact width of the tickets. 




6. Adhere the tickets to the fans. I have used scraps to build mine. You want to cut enough so that the daisy fans fit under your photo.



7. Adhere the light paper about 2.5" from the left side and about 2.5" from the top. Then adhere the floral paper about 2" from the right side and almost to the bottom, it's a quarter inch from the bottom. Now add the daisy fan embellishments that you made. Make sure that they will extend under your photo.



8. Now add the black striped paper; it's about 4.25" from the left side and 3.5" from the top.




9. Cut a scrap of cardboard to fit under your photo and adhere.



10. Arrange your photo overlapping the black striped and floral papers.



11. Now it's time to add flowers! I've added two Prima Roamer flowers from the kit, the peach one over top the photo and the black one under the photo. The larger flowers you see are handmade with McGill Floriano and Starburst punches. Then I've made some smaller flowers with McGill's Retro Flower punch. That's all there is to it!



Maggi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...