Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Swirlydoos celebrates NSD with some great challenges!

I'm hosting a couple of fun challenges in honor of National Scrapbooking Day at Swirlydoos.  Our theme for our crop is "Home Sweet Home" and we've planned our challenges around this theme.  Be sure to stop by and see the other challenges hosted by our design team.

My first challenge is to do some art journaling using a home related quote. Believe me, I worked hard at putting this together as art journaling doesn't come easy for me. But I persevered and I'm happy with this.

I masked, misted, stamped, painted, masked some more, etc etc etc and this is the end result!



fusible webbing at the top.

 Marcasite embossing powder on the fence.


My 2nd challenge is a tag challenge.  I love making tags, they are quick art projects that can be used with gifts, or as a gift itself.  I always have fun creating layers and seeing just how much "stuff" I can cram onto one tag!

For this tag I used the Swirlydoos March kit that features Prima's Stationers Desk collection.  I really love love this line!  I used my Cameo to cut out the quote and popped it up with foam squares.  






Thanks for stopping by, hope you'll join us in the Swirlydoos forums!



1 comment:

  1. Your projects are gorgeous. I love the mixed media one and the second one has so many beautiful eye catching things I am just amazed. Thanks Maggi.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...