Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

G45 By the Sea

I think By the Sea is such a delightful collection and it was the perfect collection to scrap these photos of my great niece at the beach.  Her Mom is probably trying to remember the outfit she is wearing because it really is hot pink.  Thanks to the wonders of Photoshop it is now red!  That hot pink just looked awful on this paper!!

I fussy cut a lot of the shells and starfish and tucked them in all over my layout.  I cut out part of the title paper, By the Sea, and used that to set my scene.  I backed it with My Anchor and popped up the entire top page so as to have a slight shadow box effect.


The sea oats were cut with a Spellbinder's cat tails die.  Then I sprayed with Lindy's Grab a Guy Gold and glued on microbeads for the oat heads.


Lots of Petaloo Darjeeling flowers.  You can see how the top page is popped up the make a shadow box effect here



Supplies:

Patterned paper:  Graphic 45 By the Sea collection:  top lage By the Sea 4500899, blue check - My Anchor 4500903, word strip - Splash 4500902, fussy cut shells - Beachcomber 4500900
Diecuts and punches:  Spellbinders Cattails
Flowers:   Petaloo Darjeeling deep blue 1452 010, Petaloo Mixed Blossoms Robin Egg Blue 1836 056, Petaloo Botanica minis  yellow 1101 103
Ink:  Distress faded jeans and black soot
Mist:  Lindy's Winter Jasmine Gold
Other:  champagne microbeads - Micheals, fish net, Prima  Shabby Chic Treasures - Sea (starfish), Spare parts - metal starfish

Have a great day everyone and thanks for stopping by!





2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout! So many great details! I love the way you used the microbeads. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Maggi! I love G45 :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...