Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Flying Unicorn sponsors CSI

The Flying Unicorn is a permanent sponsor at CSI but this month, we're the main sponsor and our creative team are guest designers this month!
 
Case file No. 71 - I loved these colors, well there is that bright red, and red is my favorite color!!
   
 

 
 
 
 Here's what I did with this challenge.  The Pink Paislee Mistable papers are perfect for working with all your mixed medias because it is such a heavy weight paper.  This page has a honeycomb resist image on it; I used some gesso to cover part of it so that the resist only showed thru in partial areas,
 
 
 
Evidence:  Lots of circles - from the red stamped circles to the white circles that I made with the bottom of my gesso jar, LOL!!  Then we have that sweet resin bird there and all my papers are distressed as a final bit of evidence.
 
Testimony:
 
Its a Beautiful Morning - sung by The Rascals
 
It's a beautiful morning,
I think I'll go outside a while
And just smile
Just take in some clean fresh air,
Ain't no sense in staying inside
If the weather's fine and you got the time
It's your chance to wake up
and plan another brand new day.

 
 
 
 
 
Supplies:
 
Patterned paper:  PinkPaislee Mistable; blue with masking - Studio 75 Sweet Home 07, GCD Studios Ella Blue collection blue scrap under photo - Raleigh
Flowers:    Petaloo new camelia white; Prima tiny roses
Ink:  Distress scattered straw
Mist:  Dylusions white linen, Lindy's Frosted Forget me not, Yellow Rose of Texas, Lump O Coal Black, Tattered Angels Banana Pudding
Masks:  Prima Lattice 564230
Paint:      white acrylic, Viva Décor 3D Paint Carmine Red
 
 
I hope you'll give this challenge a go, these are such pretty colors!  After you've uploaded your creation to CSI, be sure to upload to the Flying Unicorn too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...