Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

August KOM creations

Here are some projects I made with the Flying Unicorn KOM.  The OTP this month is 4 canvases  just waiting to be altered and gouache paint.

I chose to do a collage and I used the collage paste that was in a previous month' s OTP. I used images that I fussy cut from G45 Ladies Diary and some that I got from Gecko Galz. First I painted the canvas with some of the gouache paint in the kit. Then I used black gesso and a Crafter's Workshop template to make the black circular design. After that I started layering on different pieces using the decopage paste as glue and sealer. There's a bit of newspaper in there. I also used a script stamp and Archival ink (so that it would not smear). The larger Dusty Attic chippy was painted with gesso and then stamped. The other chippy was painted with gouache. The last things to go on the collage were the chippies, metal pieces and beads.






Here's another of my projects. Nika loves walking on her back legs and here she is "dancing" with my Dad. He is crazy about our dogs and they always herd him into the kitchen when he comes to visit so that he can give them each a dog cookie!

I used my WRMK lucky 8 punch to diecut the two scalloped circles. The quote is framed in a wooden Kaisercraft frame that is painted with acrylics and then coated with Ranger Crackle accents. I used two pieces of the Tattered Angels glimmer glass, they are such pretty accents. That beautiful cameo was made by our own dear Tammy, thank you so much for that Tammy!! I used a couple of small white doilies from my stash to set off the frame. The flowers are a mix of Petaloo (pink vine) and Flying Unicorn flowers from the store. The pink pearl swirl is included in the kit and there are two of them!

I used a DA Window chippy to create the looking thru the window effect and I thought it was a nice effect for the quote that says "Dance like nobody's watching, love like you've never been hurt, Sing like nobody's listening, Live like it's heaven on earth."

Ha ha, I think Nika has the perfect tilt to her head - wonder if I could get her on DWTS??







This kit is so very beautiful and full of soft feminine colors. However, you can also go in a different direction. I did this LO to illustrated the less feminine side of the kit and I think it worked great on this LO of my husband and Chili, our sweet spoo that has gone over the bridge.

The wooden Pink Paislee banner is from my stash as is the bling adorning it. I also used some polka dotted bloomers from my stash. Everything else is from the kit.

The journaling says:
Chili was Dick's dog and when he was home, she generally ignored me unless she wanted a treat. I took this picture of them just a few days before she died. She still has a smile on her face, even though she was so sick. We tried to so hard to save her but it was not to be. Her immune system was out of control and she died from the effects of multiple autoimmune diseases. 4/11/2010




Here's one more, I love this picture of Chena and Nika, it looks like they were having a serious discussion about something! thank you Donna for the beautiful butterfly!  Maybe Nika is trying to talk Chena out of going out west with Escape Kitty?

I used some of the diecuts from the embellie kit and fussy cut them to go on this LO. The rose on the left I made using a McGill punch.




Thanks for visiting!  There are still a few kits left, you might want to snag one because this kit is one of the best yet!!  You can get a kit here.

3 comments:

  1. Maggi....they are all wonderful!! I simply love the OTP collage and the LOs with pictures of your dogs are beautiful.
    Hugs xx
    p.s. Can't wait for my kit to arrive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggi you rocked this kit! I LOVE your OTP ..wowza girl!! Beautiful work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work, Maggi but I especially love the collage!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...