Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

August kit creations - Flying Unicorn

Our niece was married last weekend and for her wedding gift I am making her a scrapbook of her engagement and marriage.  I used the Flying Unicorn August kit to do this first page for her book.

I had lots of fun with this layout using Kaisercraft Lake House collection.  In the upper left corner I used molding paste and a Prima mask to create the corner detail.  After the molding pasted dried, I used Distress Victorian Velvet ink to bring out the detail in the masking.  On the lower right I have used a Dusty Attic corner chippy that I painted with white gesso.  I borrowed a technique from fellow CT member Shona, and mixed some micro beads into the gesso to give texture to the gesso.  The title chippy is also Dusty Attic and that is painted with white acrylic paint and Luminarte paint.  The chippies and flowers are from my stash. everything else is from the kit.



Detail of the molding paste masking.

Chippy painted with gesso mixed with micro beads.



This kit seems to work really well for romantic occasions!  This next LO is me and my sweetheart celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary and doing what we love to do, drinking champagne!   I used a mix of  Kaisercraft Lake House and Websters In Love papers.  I  especially loved the wooden Kaisercraft wood chippies that came in the kit.  I painted this one with Liquid Pearls in bisque.  I'm not very good at using Liquid Pearls to make pearls but I love using it as a paint - I usually water it down just a tad to make it glide on smoothly.  The floral vine, tiny pink roses  and vintage pink seam binding are from my stash.  Everything else is from the kit.  That seam binding really is vintage, my Mom gave me a box of laces and seam binding.  Some of the seam binding was priced at 25¢!



I love these Prima flowers that came in the kit!



Thanks for visiting!  There are still a few kits left, go here if you want to see more!

2 comments:

  1. So romantic! Love the LOs..and the techniques you've used..I'm going to try the moulding paste!
    Very happy that my kit is on its' way!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggi these are just gorgeous love all the yummy layers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...