Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Fall at Denali National Park


Well I really loved the Swirlydoo's April kit that showcased Bo Bunny's Gabrielle but I think I love this May kit with Glitz Laced with Grace at least as much!!  The oranges and olives so perfectly offset each other and the colors are so vibrant, I really love it!!

This is a picture I took in 1997 of a grizzly bear fattening up on berries for the coming winter.  I took these pictures in September on a beautiful fall day.  In September, winter is just around the corner and it can snow anyday.  In fact, I have been at Denali in September when there was snow on the ground.

I really had fun making the flowers and leaves on this layout as I tried out my new Moonshadow mists on the leaves.  It really does give them a beautiful patina look.  AND something new I have discovered, I bought a set of 16 pearl watercolors at Michael's for a whopping $5 and used it to paint my flowers.  Really gives an effect similar to Glimmer mist but it's easier and a lot cheaper!!  I used the paints on the orange flowers.  The green flowers were sprayed with olive glimmer mist.  The Dusty Attic vine is painted with acrylics and then glazed with Diamond Glaze.  I like Diamond Glaze better than Glossy Accents, its a little thinner and therefore brushes on nicer.  It seems to have the same glue qualities as Glossy Accents too.

I used the May sketch at Dusty Attic for this layout and I'm entering it in their sketch challenge.  Also made the layout for Glitz Challenge #2.



Thanks for stopping by my blog!  I appreciate the time it takes and I'd love you to leave a comment so I'll know that you were here!

4 comments:

  1. Your layout is so pretty!! I love how you've used "Laced with Grace"...it certainly does seem perfect for fall type layouts! And I have a thing for grizzly bears (I live in Montana), so I LOVE your subject matter! I have only seen two in the wild so far...but hope to see more in the future! Thanks for playing in the "Get Your Glitz On" Clustering challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page, and wow for the photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous cant wait to get this kit and get going on it too :( .....love your flowers :) and that photo is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathtaking and tell me more about pearl watercolors. The effect is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...