Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Eileen Hull Designs by Sizzix Treasure Box

Here's another vault release from Eileen Hull Designs by Sizzix.  This is the Treasure Box and in addition to being a fabulous box on its own, it also works with the Stacking Drawers and Notebook.  See how the drawers fit inside the Treasure Box?


I chose to make my box a stand alone, i.e. no drawers. 

 I put a cute little handle on the front and topped with lots of lovely blooms.

This box is easy to make.  Here's how I put mine together.

Step 1:
I cover my matboard with paper before die-cutting. You need to cut 6 pieces as show below.  The 2 largest pieces are the box, the thin pieces are the lid, and the 2 rectangles are for top and the bottom of the box. I chose to make my sides 2 different colors.



Step 2:
Put adhesive on all the tabs as shown.  I like to use red liner tape as it has a strong hold. 


Step 3:
Join the sides together forming a rectangle shaped box.  


Step 4:
Then fold the tabs in as shown above and attach the bottom of the box.

Step 5:
Put the top of the box together in the same manner as the bottom.  I made my own hinge system for the top.  Die-cut another of the long sides of the lid, then cut the tab off one side and cut at the score-line on the other side. 

Step 6:
Place red liner tape or your favorite adhesive on the back side of the die-cut.  Attach the larger section to the inside of the box and the tab to the box top.  You can see the tab on the box top in this photo.  I place a floral decorative strip on the other section of the hinge.



Here's the back of the box.


Inside the box.  (Note: That's just a paint brush handle holding the box open so I could photo.)
Here's a link to another example of a Treasure Box that I made when this die was first released.  

Eileen Hull Designs by Sizzix Dies


Other



Thanks for visiting!!  

xoxo Maggi







 

1 comment:

  1. So many away some projects Maggi! 🩵Eileen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...