Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Sizzix New Cork Roll Surfacez

 I am loving this new Cork Roll Surfacez  from Sizzix!  It is a roll of paper backed cork 12" x 48" and can be used in many ways.




I decided to try it out using Eileen Hull's Full Size Journal by Sizzixcover with mixed media and I love the result! 

When I make journals I always adhere my paper to the mat board before diecutting.  So, when I made this, I adhered the cork paper to the matboard, then diecut and THEN I applied my mixed media.  By doing it this way the paper could not warp as it sometimes like to do.  As long as the paper is completely adhered to the matboard, it doesn't warp.  I used adhesive sheets to ensure that every bit of paper is adhered.





Once the cover is diecut you can begin adding mixed media.  I used acrylic paint and stencils to  create my look.  I have found that a dabber brush works best for applying paint through a stencil and be sure to dab the paint on rather than using strokes.  I use a fairly dry paint brush when dabbing, otherwise the paint tends to run under the stencil.




I did both covers and then adhered some fun cutouts from Stamperia's Bauhaus  Collection.

Back cover.




I used design paper on the inside covers.




I love this, I think it's my favorite project this year!  Now I need to fill it up with art journal pages!



Supplies

Assorted Acrylic Paints


1 comment:

  1. Love this cork cover. You did a great job. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...