Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Eileen Hull's Geometric Box and Sunflower Dies - Flower Tutorial


Eileen's Geometric Box is so pretty and has many uses.  It could be a favor box, gift box, dry flower vase pencil cup, it could be so many things!

I chose to make the box without a lid so that it can be used as a pencil cup.




Flower Tutorial

I used Eileen's new Sunflower Die to make a flower embellishment.  Here are the steps.
1.  The die has 3 size flowers on it; cut 4 of the middle size and 3 of the small flower.  Ink the flowers and then lightly mist them so that they can be easily shaped.




2.  Pinch the sides of the flowers together.  I like to use my tweezers to help shape the petals.  Dry the flowers, reshaping as necessary during drying.



3.  Stack and glue the flowers such that the petals are not completely overlapping each other.





4.  To make the center, roll the petals up into curls as shown.  I used my tweezers but you could use the end of a small paint brush or something similar.





5.  Stack the three curled centers onto a brad and secure.  Unroll the petals slightly so that the flowers fit together.



6.  Adhere the center to the petal assembly and look at your beautiful flower!




View from the back.


View from the side.





Here's another flower I made with the same die.  This time I cut 2 large flowers and 2 of the middle size and the round centerpiece.  Instead of pincing the petals, I gave each petal a twist with my tweezers.  Then I stacked and glued the two middle size flowers onto the 2 larger flowers.

I made the center of the flower by putting a thick layer of Glossy Accents all over the centerpiece and then poured microbeads all over.  I allowed that to dry and then sprayed with acrylic sealer to keep the beads from popping off.  (You can filled in any areas that don't have enough beads by adding more glue and beads before spraying with acrylic sealer.)

I cut 2 leaves using the die from green cardstock to place behind the flower.  






I wanted a fall themed card holder so I made 2 XL Cardboxes from Eileen's Chapter 3 release and glued them together.  Then I wrapped them together with design paper from Graphic 45's Let it Bee collection.  
I used a journaling card underneath the flower.



On the back I added two small commercial flowers.






Supplies







 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...