Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

XL Skinny Mini Die from Eileen Hull Designs by Sizzix

My favorite die from Eileen Hull's Chapter 3 release is the XL Skinny Mini.  It's great for making a thin book box or for making a mini album.

My first project with the new Chapter 3 dies was this mini album filled with photos of new friends made on our trip to Canada.  I chose to use the mini horizontally as I find this works better when designed tiny pages.  As usual I covered the matboard with cardstock before diecutting the mini.


I used two silver elements that I wanted to be gold so I attempted to cover with Gold Lustre Wax by Sizzix.  The coverage is not complete but it does make them look sort of aged don't you think?




I made a closure for the book with two 5/8" tabs glued under the design paper.  I tried using magnet closures but the book is so stuffed the magnets wouldn't hold so I used small pieces of velcro.



Back cover.


I used the Bookbinding & Label die to make an insert to bind the pages into the mini.  One of the pages I made into a pull out (pictured below) so that I could include all the photos that I wanted to use.  to keep the page secure, I made two flaps that fold over each other and held together with magnets.






My next project with this same die is an XL Skinny Mini box.  You know I love dogs and I love to make dog related things so I thought this box would be so cute as a holder for tiny milk bones.  That adorable dog embellie is something I've had for at least 15 years!  




I made a closure for this the same way that I did the mini but I added a lion's head door knocker to grasp the tab.






This box goes together really easily.  Here's a video from Eileen with assembly instructions.  


I know all my dog loving friends are going to want this!!  




Supplies




Thanks so much for visiting.  I have lots more projects to share so stay tuned in!

2 comments:

  1. Love your mini album Maggi- such a great way to remember your trip! And such a cute dog treat box ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...