Pages

Monday, August 29, 2022

Chapter 3 Dies from Eileen Hull by Sizzix

 Hi everyone!  It's been a while and that's because I spent most of the summer in the Canadian Maritimes.  WOW what a wonderful trip.  We started in Montreal and followed the St Lawrence River to the Bay visiting Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia along the way.  Then we took a ferry to Newfoundland and spent 20 wonderful days, the returned to Nova Scotia and back to the US via New Brunswick.  I loved every thing about the Maritimes but I'd say that Newfoundland stole my heart!!  

Well, now it's time to get back to crafting and I've been busy since we got home.  Eileen's Sizzix Chapter 3 dies were released while I was gone so I've had a great time using those. First I made a couple of card holders that are ever so useful!  Christmas is coming, I know this will come in handy!  This is made with the XL Card Box and goes together so easily and its so functional!  You could glue several together and have a great storage bin.


Here's a view from the back.  To make this I covered a piece of Sizzix matboard with paper (Graphic 45's Let it Snow Collection) and then ran it through my Sizzix Switch diecut machine.  Then you need to cut just one extra side and then you have the 3 pieces necessary for the box!  I wrapped a coordinating border around the box to give the joints extra strength.

Close up shot of the florals on the front.



Here's another one I made for general purpose cards.   I covered a sheet of mat board with cream cardstock and then diecut.  Before assembling, I stamped on the front with some of Eileen's stamps and added the colorful accent pieces. 




 To make the yellow and red accent pieces, diecut paper with the XL Card Box die.  Then cut about an 1/8" from each side and the bottom.  Now you can glue the colorful pieces onto the box leaving a nice border all around.






Supplies




Stp by tomorrow and I'll have a couple more projects to share with you using Eileen's new dies!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home Maggi- we are headed up that way this week on a cruise! Love your Card Caddies! Great way to give cards or store things ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen! Are you going all the way to Newfoundland?

      Delete
  2. That was from me, Eileen- not sure why it says anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...