Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Creative Embellishments March Challenge

The Challenge

Time for a new monthly  challenge at Creative Embellishments.  Use this mood board to stir your creativity and then use glitter somewhere on your project as that is the twist for this month's challenge.



My Project

I made a card and tag set using the lighter colors from the mood board and used Stickles on my letters to add glitter to my project.  The paper I used is a new collection from Little Birdie Crafts called Songs of the Sea.

This month Creative Embellishments is collaborating with Rinea and I've used foil from Rinea inside my frames and to make the flowers on the card.  I used the small size foil, 4" x 6", but it is also available in 6" x 12" sheets.  To create the panels inside the frames, I first used an embossing folder to emboss the foil.  Then I  added a little Tim Holtz Alcohol Blending Solution to a paper towel and rubbed lightly over the embossed surface to remove some of the gold color revealing silver underneath.


I used the Intricate Diamond Frame on the card and turned it such that the frame interior was square.  It is heat embossed with Stampendous Aged Silver embossing enamel. Then I used Happy Birthday from the Small Sentiment Words set.  I heat embossed the words with Eileen Hull Designs Aqua Splash Molten Dimensions embossing powder and then Crystal Stickles over the embossing powder (after it had cooled).

To make the flowers, I cut several flowers from Rinea foils with a McGill Floriano flower punch.  Then I gave each petal a twist with my tweezers and layered them up, using a smaller flower punch, EK Success Retro Flower, in the center.  


I used the smaller frame from the Fancy Oblong Frame Set on the tag.  The frame and interior are made the same way as the frame on the card.  Then I added some flowers in the center topped with a stamped "for you" tag.  I outlined the letters with crystal Stickles to add some glitter.  A pretty bow at the top finishes off this simple tag.




How to enter the challenge


The monthly challenge is always the first post on the Creative Embellishments Blog.  Be sure to check it out, you could win a great gift certificate to the store!  Here are the rules:
  • Create a NEW project layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc….as of  March 1st, 2020.
  • It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog page. Please make sure to reference our challenge. Please, no old projects. (meaning projects from previous months that may fit the challenge) Please share only new projects.
  • Please add your entry to the inlinkz tool below to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.
  • Simply add a link to your FB photo (if you do not have a blog) featuring your challenge entry. Let us know how you were inspired by the photo.
  • Combining with other challenges is permitted.
  • We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 OF CE products on your projects but it isn’t required to play along.
  • WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on this post the day after the challenge ends. Keep an eye out to see if you are a winner.


Supplies from the Creative Embellishments Shop

Thanks for stopping in today, get out your craft supplies and enter this challenge!





1 comment:

  1. Cool color, great textures. I have Eileen’s Aqua Splash EB—now it’s time to use it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...