Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Creative Embellishments - Cards for Dog Lovers!

Hello friends, Maggi here with two entirely different cards, it's my split personality showing through!!  😁




Collaboration with Rinea

This month CE's designers are joining forces with Rinea Spark Your Creativity and creating with Rinea foils and CE's wonderful embellishments.  I used a gold 4" x 6" sheet of gold foil and embossed it with Tim Holtz's 3-D Texture Fades - Gears Embossing Folder.  Then I dampened a paper towel with Alcohol Blending Solution and wiped it over the embossed surface removing much of the gold color revealing the silver tones.  To grunge it up a bit, I misted with black mist and heat dried.

The embossed foil begged for a frame and Creative Embellishments Steampunk Frame was perfect.  I heat embossed the frame with Lindy's Midnight Gold embossing powder.  I topped the frame with a couple gears heat embossed with gold embossing powder.



My favorite part of this card has to be the sentiment (from Tim Holtz Big Talk - Snarky) which I can so relate to!!!  I popped it up with foam tape and mounted on a piece of embossed silver Rinea foil.  I wanted a really grumpy face for the  card and this dog was all I could find.  It's a stamped image (Tim's Crazy Dogs), inked, fussy cut and popped up with foam.



My Poodle Side

You probably know that I have two standard poodles who rule my home and life.  Here they are "fighting" over who gets to sit in the chair.  Tisha, the one in the front, always wins because she gets in the chair and sits on Nika, who then moves.  They are such a comical pair!


Back to card making!  I used the larger of the frames in the Fancy Oval Frame Set and heat embossed it with Eileen Hull Designs Molten Dimensions White Wonder embossing powder.  It is a super chunky powder that retains it's chunkiness when heated.

The poodle die-cut and the stamped sentiment are a set from Tonic Studios.  Many thanks to my dear friend, Billie, who gifted the set to me.  The papers I used are Simple Stories from an old (2017?) Valentine's paper pack.



Supplies from the Creative Embellishments Shop

Steampunk Frame
Mini Gears 3/4" (set of 12)
Fancy Oval Frame Set
Rinea

Metallics Foiled Paper Variety Pack

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Be sure to join in the monthly challenges because, you could win a $50 gift certificate to the Creative Embellishments store, now that is sweet!! The challenge is usually the first post on our blog.




1 comment:

  1. Maggi magic—love your canine cards and love your poi’s!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...