Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2019

The New Pocket Notebook Die from Eileen Hull Designs by Sizzix


Welcome to the Pocket Notebook Release Party!  All of us on Eileen Hull's design team are so excited about her new Pocket Notebook die and we're celebrating today with a Release Party. On the die, you get all of the pieces you need to make an entire book- the cover, pages, latch and pen loop! The Pocket Notebook measures 6 3/4” x 4 1/2” with a spine that can adjust from of 3/8” to almost 2”! String it with elastic, hemp, ribbon or twine. So many option for this fun die!

Eileen’s Inspiration and Educator teams have combined to show us their amazing Pocket Notebook ideas. Please follow the Blog Hop to see all of the fabulous projects, techniques and videos!

We're blog hopping today so stop by each of the designer's blogs and check out their fabulous projects. There are also two GIVEAWAYS- the Pocket Notebook die and a gift certificate for Eileen’s Etsy store. To enter to win, leave a comment on each of the posts.  See below for the blog order.  Winners will be announced on Tuesday, October 8 on Eileen’s Facebook Live show.

Join in our  blog hop So pull up a chair, grab a snack and read on.  I have lots of photos to share with you today.  

Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Pocket Notebook

One of my favorite things about this fabulous Pocket Notebook is that you can adjust the thickness from about1 1/8" to almost 2" and that is great if you're using the Notebook to create a mini album.  Speaking of mini albums, this is sized perfectly for a mini at 4 1/8" x 6 3/4".  The die also cuts pages to fit inside the Notebook.  How great is that?

Let's Go Steampunk

My first project with this great die is a Steampunk mini using Stamperia's Voyages collection.  First I inked up the cover using a sponge applicator with Eileen's Blends 2 inks (Nutmeg, Copper, Beach, Coconut).  Then I added paper layers from the collection.

Eileen also has a great line of thick embossing powders called Molten Dimensions.  I used Golden Rod to heat emboss the chipboard gears you see near the right corner.  I find the best way to coat chipboard with embossing powder is to use an embossing ink dabber or paint the embossing ink on with a small paintbrush.  Eileen's Blends 2 ink include a clear ink that works so well with these think Molten Dimensions powders and that is what I used.  


The Signatures

Inside the mini, there are just two signatures;  one holds note paper for jotting down quick notes and the other has places for photos.

Notes

This first signature holds notes.  The cover is made from design paper with the word "travel" that was cut with Eileen's Journal Words Thinklits set and then heat embossed with Copper Molten Dimensions.  The chipboard gear is simply inked with Eileen's copper ink.


Inside, I used Eileen's recently released Gift Card Folder and Label to make a pocket.  It fits perfectly inside the Notebook and makes a great spot to tuck in some note papers to write down those little things you don't want to forget.



The Photo Signature

This signature was designed to hold photos and record memories.  On the cover is another of Eileen's diecut words.  The flower is a bronze metal flower that I gussied up by adding some Molten Dimensions Gold Rod embossing powder randomly to the petals.  You need to try this as it really adds a lot of shine and sparkle to these otherwise dull bronze colored flowers.  (Unfortunately it doesn't show up so well in the photo.)  Just paint a little clear ink on the flower's petals, sprinkle with embossing powder and heat set.

This signature is really a small mini album.  On the left is a page that lifts up for a hidden journaling spot or photo.



The left page has a waterfall element for photos where you can show 7 photos.  On the right is a pull out element for more photos.


More photo and journaling spots.


Tags for journaling or photos on the right.


The Brain Book

This one is still a work in progress but you're probably thinking, "What is a brain book?"  Well, my husband has this zippered day timer kinda thing that he carries with him, EVERYWHERE.   And, he calls it his brain book.  Why?  Because the dear man has no memory, none, I'm surprised he remembers my name.  Well you know, he's called me his ex's name a couple times by mistake, ha ha ha, good thing I didn't take offense.  His brain book is a collection of addresses, passwords, notes, everything he needs to get from point A to point B.

Whew, so I digress, but I wanted you to know where this journal is going.  😅  This is going to be my "brain book" and its made with Graphic 45's Magic of Oz collection and of course the dear scarecrow wants a brain.  I think it will have some humorous elements to align with dh's brain book!

Underneath the scarecrow is a circular chipboard from Creative Embellishments heat embossed with Molten Dimensions Golden Rod embossing powder.



The witch and spider charms are from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

Let's get Colorful!

I do love bright and bold colors and Graphic 45's Kaleidoscope collection certainly fits that bill!  Again, I first inked up the cover with Blends 2 Beach, Leaf and Coconut.  Then I added design paper elements, chipboard tags and flowers to make a pretty and colorful cover.





Yep, it's another travel journal.  You see, I am retired and my husband and I travel a lot in our RV with our two rediculously spoiled standard poodles.    There are 3 signatures in this one, two are set up to hold photos and the third is a line notepad for journaling.




The left side is a waterfall photo display and the right side has a lift up flap.


There's a fun tuck spot for more photos or notes on the left and a tag tucked into a pocket on the right.


Lots of surfaces in this signature for photos and journaling.





Other Notes

You may have noticed that you can't see any elastic bands on the spine.  That is because I like to cut another piece of chipboard, cover it with design paper, ink, etc. and then adhere it over the elastic bands on the spine.  I just really like that finished look.

Eileen has teamed up with Thermoweb to bring you two great products.  One is red liner tape that  is great for adhering the covers together and adding that extra piece of chipboard to the spine.  It really holds!  The other is their Easy Cut Adhesive Sheets.  The best way to adhere paper to your covers is to use an adhesive sheet like Thermoweb's.  Apply the adhesive sheet to your chipboard and press on your paper, THEN run it through your die-cutting machine.


Thanks for hopping along with us today!

Maggi Harding (you are here)

Products Used by Eileen Hull Designs by Sizzix

Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Pocket Notebook
Sizzix ScoreBoards L Die - Gift Card Folder & Label #2

Other Products

Thermoweb Red Liner Tape
Easy Cut Adhesive Sheets
Stamperia Voyages
Graphic 45 Magic of Oz
Graphic 45 Kaleidoscope
Eileen Hull Molten Dimensions
Eileen Hull Blends 2 Ink


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and for staying with me for this long post!!

Happy crafting,

Maggi xxoxo


53 comments:

  1. What a lovely trio of books! It shows how easy it is to use your favorite papers with Eileen's dies. I have to say I am partial to the Stamperia one - maybe because I have that collection?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE all your books. That Steampunk is a beauty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big fan of steam punk - mainly because it seems to be too crowded BUT your notebook is stunning. It has a nice balance of space and design and steampunk artistry. GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your three books are awesome , so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your link on Eileen hull is
    https://scraptravelbark.blogspot.com/2019/10/the-new-pocket-notebook-die-from-eileen.htm (missing an l)
    instead of https://scraptravelbark.blogspot.com/2019/10/the-new-pocket-notebook-die-from-eileen.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love the steampunk book! Those Stamperia papers are great! Is there a tutorial - would love to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each of these is a gem and keeper - thanks so much for sharing your work with the dies - love me some Eileen dies - and love that steampunk very much! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Brain Book!!! Hahaha! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woe, they are all just wonderful. It shows how the papers make them so different from each other. I LOVE the little pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three are wonderfully done. I really like the "Brain" book and using the scarecrow fits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. O my! Three to love. We have similar paper addictions. My favorite is the riotous colors in the Kaleidoscope papers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG so much to choose from need to go and look again, and again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous! I love each and every one, but my fave has to be the Steampunk notebook. It's classically Maggi and luscious in every way! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are fantastic. Love all three and your color & paper choices. Especially love the brain book with the scarecrow. I see a brain book in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All three books are fabulous, and so different, lovely

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your books. Your choice of paper is really good, and you inspire me
    Anita Holte

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! love all the papers you used on your notebooks and beautiful pages Maggi - so fun with all the gears and bright colors on the 2nd! Wonderful work on these! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow- loving the steampunk one. Especially the button closure.Will have to look through my button collection to find some loop buttons now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice creations! The steampunk one looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all of the books but the first steampunk one is fantastic-love the papers. The Magic of Oz is cute too-got to get the die and make some too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH MY GOODNESS!!! What a beautiful trio of notebooks! Each one is so unique and so useful! Love the steampunk one using Stamperia, amazing but you know I love my Graphic 45, lol! Beautifully done Maggi!

    ReplyDelete
  22. what amazing creations ! Each one is a work of art ! I love your idea of a brain book !! Thanks for sharing and thank you for the hop xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are amazing, Maggi! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness, these are great! I was also incredibly impressed with your accomplishments that scrolled by on the sidebar. So impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  25. All of these are fabulous! LOVE the papers and colors and themes! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really need a brain book! Fabulous ideas and presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your books are great and so different!! Love the brain book. I always have one of them. Thanks for the info on the products from the thick embossing powder to the Thermoweb products.

    ReplyDelete
  28. 'If I only had a brain'! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. They are all wonderful!! And I love the different ways you are using each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW! You out did yourself! All the projects were so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Maggi all three of these Pocket Notebooks are totally spectacular and you've really shown how they suite so many styles. I love how you used the Gift Card Folder to create the pocket inside the Steampunk one, adore the Brain book cover and am in awe of the flips, pull outs, pockets and banners in the Kaleidescope one. So excited I got the chance to see a couple of these up close in the UK! x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Well Maggie you have really spoilt us with this Trio, I adore the papers of the first, some of my favourite of Stamperia's and I love the idea of the brain book.. just don't forget where you put it hee hee!! Beautiful creations Thank you so much for sharing. Creative wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my goodness, the steampunk style notebook was so incredible that I was shocked to see even more fabulous takes on the possibilities for the super die! Each one is so well done, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, these are fantastic! Especially love the last one with the pretty colors! Great signatures!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ahhhh you get me every time! These books are great...your imagination floors me! Lovely work as always! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. My favorite one has to be the "Brain Wanted" journal...ha, I'm on the lookout for mine!

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are wonderful! I really love the steampunk journal!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the variety you made. Cool steampunk album, love the idea of a brain book and fabulous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Maggi- we got so many comments about your books along the Paper Trail! You have a truly amazing way of using paper- the host of Hochanda was quite enamored with your projects :-) Love seeing how the books come together for the WOW end result... Thank you for always doing such a great job of making my dies look fantastic <3

    ReplyDelete
  40. Maggi you have such an amazing way with paper! Your work was much admired on the Paper Trail UK- the host of Hochanda was especially enchanted :-) I love seeing all of the different ways you create the inserts and often flip through yours for inspiration. Thanks for your gorgeous projects and for being part of the Release Party!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love all 3, but really love the Steampunk one!

    ReplyDelete
  42. These are just adorable, I love the paper you have used and how you have been able to make the same die have different looks, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wonderful journals!! Each different and love them all! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I saw this Kaleidoscope one on her blog intro! Gorgeous all!! Love your choice of fronts for each and even the extras on the inside were inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow! Luv all of your journal creations!!! They are all 3 amazing! I think the Steampunk is my favorite! Great job! Thanks, Suzy Q

    ReplyDelete
  46. I have a brain book. But it is just a plain book. I think that is such a cute idea! I might have to get some of that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  47. How do you attach the pen holder to the journal? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  48. I just glued the two ends together and glued just inside on the back cover.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...